Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

lordken
Adept I

BUG Storemi 2.1.0.218 BSOD with Steam/Uplay

Hello,

After few months, without storemi (partly bc this), I did install latest version yesterday 2.1.0.218 , all seemed fine until today when I tried to start steam launcher > BSOD (either kernel_mode_heap_corruption or bad_pool_caller) , uplay was also causing this, but interestingly gog or epic was fine, just as few standalone (no launcher) games.

I was using storemi in the past (on this rig) but never had BSOD like this (only issues I had was when PC hang/rebooted unexpectedly - it was some issue with nvidia and logitech drivers conflict - after that content of the storemi device was always corrupt, chkdsk sometimes fixed that, but with new 2.0 version, where data are only copied, its easy to break/recreate storemi device, so not a big deal. With old storemi version it was screwup as data was corrupt for good).

What is little bit strange, that all my game launchers are on G: drive/partition (nvme drive, where C: OS is as well) and was not part of storemi device/cache. HDD I used for storemi device was Z: drive where game library is for all launchers (with some exceptions, some titles are on other SSD) , games I tested that works were from Z: ofc

storemi.PNGbugbug.PNG

But the bug/problem is probably with storemi driver itself, as the BSOD did happen even when i did break/separate storemi device, only after storemi driver uninstall steam no longer cause BSOD...

I have minidumps if that helps, also i tried to use "AMD Bug Report Tool" (but not sure if its not only for GPU drivers?)but when it tried to submit report it just complains "oops bla bla please check your internet connection and retry" , internet is obviously good, so not sure if its some obsolete stuff or servers are just down or what.

Rig specs: Win10 21H2 19044.1706, Ryzen 2600, MSI X470 gaming plus max, 32GB RAM, 1070Ti , latest chipset drivers 4.03.03.431

3 Replies
lordken
Adept I

Forgot to update earlier (bc my post was marked as spam for some reason for couple of days)

I found older installation file on my drive so i gave it a shot, so I installed 2.1.0.205 and the bug is not present here, so thats good working version.

tdkite
Adept I

Could you maybe be a real hero and upload that 2.1.0.205 version to softpedia or oldversion?

0 Likes

Sorry a bit late. It is real shame that AMD didnt provide older version for upload, or released new/fixed version. As they are exposing users to search/download dubious files from net, which is always risky.

I did upload my old original file to mega, here is link. Though not sure if its ok or will be removed by mods. The zip is untouched as it came from AMD download page (but yeah everyone on internet is trustworthy right)

Mods, if the link will be removed, be at least so nice and talk to someone in AMD to publish .205 version of storemi!!

https://mega.nz/folder/13klAabT#T48JkPOEpf3CH7ebbq1GAw
oldversion seems to be dead? and softpedia didnt figure out, so mega should work well

Btw probably reason why storemi is dead is that its vendor is gone, so it looks like last public version from amd is bugged one, and will remain so

https://enmotus.com/learn-more

0 Likes