Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

max-traverse
Journeyman III

[bug] AMD uProf missing default profiles

Hi everyone,

Not sure if this is the right place to post, so feel free to point me in the right direction if this is the wrong place. I tried posting in Server Gurus, since that's where uProf pointed me to, but my post doesn't seem to work.

I am profiling an application I have been developing with AMD uProf. I haven't managed to enable IBS since my motherboard doesn't allow me to enable the option (contacting the mobo manufacturer for that). So instead I wanted to try the event profiles.

When I look at the manual I see there are a set of default options to choose from, but when I go to that page I can only set a custom profile. I also don't have all the options that I see enabled in the default profile in the manual. Perhaps this is a bug in uProf or my CPU doesn't have some of these events? (I am currently running a Threadripper 3970X.)

I can remember having the default profiles on another system (Ryzen 7 1800x) a couple of years ago.

I have already attempted updating to the latest version and deleting the '.AMDuProf' folder from my user folder.

Cheers,

Max

AMDuProf_vbZPjLj5Co.png

0 Likes
3 Replies

All questions relating to uPROF is posted at AMD Forum's Server Gurus: https://community.amd.com/t5/server-gurus/ct-p/amd-server-gurus

@swarupcan assist with any uPROF questions at Server's Gurus.

0 Likes

Hello Max,

Can you please elaborate on how you are trying uProf?  Have installed this on your system on untarred the package?

Which package you are using?

Regards,

Santosh

0 Likes

I am running on windows, installed by downloading the installer from the uprof download page.

0 Likes