cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

skullius
Journeyman III

Blurry desktop with Adrenaline drivers, perfectly crisp desktop without

I have a Radeon R290X connected with Displayport cable to my Dell P2815Q monitor, and I use it in 2560x1440 instead of the full 4K resolution that the monitor is capable of as my eyes dont like it in 4k. This has been working perfectly, I did have some initial issues in the beginning but after a bit it stabilized and I did not think much about it.

A few weeks back I restart my computer (doesnt happen that often) and all of a sudden everything is super blurry - a real pain to look at. Not only fonts, everything is looking through a haze.

I try to install latest drivers, but this does not help at all, instead I see complains that my resolution is not optimal. After a lot of fiddling with settings all over the place (WHY does the interface have to look so sleek?? isnt it better to be clear about what a setting do and what it affects???) I managed to at least get the resolution I wanted and, I suspect, disable the driver as I not only got the resolution but also the crispness back. However, I could see the Radeon interface - but I did not touch anything in there. I have been able to restart a few time without any ill effects.

Yesterday I was forced to restart the computer - and all of a sudden the blurry desktop was back. This time I did not seem to find the settings I used before to get back to crispness - so as a final resort I tried to install the latest 18.3.1 driver. This installation failed - but... all of a sudden my desktop is nice and crisp again. I am guessing this will only be temporary until some update "fixes" my setup.

What can I do to use the driver and have a crisp desktop??

- Install old driver - really? If this was going from 17->18 I could expect that not all things were right the first releases. but this is not 18.0.0
- Fix DPI and font - em, why is my whole desktop then blurry?

0 Likes
3 Replies

Could be many things, but we know it is user created, not graphics drivers.

Do you have GPU scaling enabled?

Morphological filter enabled?

Using a VSR screen resolution? These resolutions are for games only, not everyday desktop use.

Where did you come up with the 2560x1440 resolution?

Dell 28 Ultra HD Monitor P2815Q Review & Rating | PCMag.com

• Pros Affordable. Sharp UHD image. Generous feature set.
  • Cons UHD only works at 30Hz. Narrow viewing angles. Skewed greens.
  • Bottom Line The Dell 28 Ultra HD Monitor P2815Q is a well-equipped 28-inch Ultra-High-Definition (UHD) monitor with a sub-$600 price. It delivers a highly detailed 4K image, but it can't do it at 60Hz.

What was an issue was playing these games at a resolution of 3,840 by 2,160. As with the ViewSonic VX2880mlBest Price at Amazon, the P2815Q is limited to a 30Hz refresh rate in UHD mode, which results in choppy motion handling and significant screen tearing. If you scale down to a 1,920 by 1,080 resolution, the P2815Q will run at 60Hz, but you'll sacrifice all of that UHD goodness for smoother game play.

http://downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_display_projector/esuprt_display/dell-p2815q-m...

0 Likes

Please post a screenshot of your display options

0 Likes

I had this very same issue with the flickering screen when something with text was displayed.  I ended up setting the refresh rate to 30Hz and the monitor displayed as expected without flickering after that.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes