Challenger

Re: Black Screen

Jump to solution
0 Likes
cierco
Adept I

Jump to solution

Alright, my patience has run out. It has only gotten worse. I am done with AMD. I am buying a nvidia gpu now and this piece of horrid dog excrement which is the  5700 gets with the hammer. I've spend three months of my life now trying to troubleshoot something that should work from the get go. It is simply wrong that normal consumers have to troubleshoot something this asinine since it's been a AMD issue for almost three years. Frankly it just feels like AMD doesn't care about it's consumer since they have made no real effort in solving this. I will not recommend AMD GPUs to anybody I know. I hope everyone else heed my warning. AMD is not worth the effort. A consumer is not suppose to have to LARP as a IT support technician. Godspeed to those of you that keep trying. It is quite clear that AMD has no real interest in solving this issue and I have no faith left in these so called "quick fixes". 

I hope AMD is sued for selling a product which is unstable. 

cierco
Adept I

Jump to solution

Solved by buying Nvidia GPU. 

View solution in original post

seb235
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Solution:

1) If our monitor has free sync technology, switch to DVI-D (It matters because this type of cable deactivates FreeSync)

2) Download DDU and drivers in version 20.12.1 and then disconnect our computer from the Internet.

3) Start Windows in safe mode and we use DDU to remove all AMD software from the computer. Reboot the system.

4) Install drivers version 20.12.1

0 Likes