Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kokosz
Adept I

AMD update 23.11.1 permanent black screen

Hi,

when updating to 23.11.1 I encountered a black screen for 30 minutes. I proceeded to do a hard reset only to boot into a black screen.

i managed to revert to the previous driver version by booting into diagnostic mode, with it doing drive repairs and somehow teverting to the previous version.

updating again reproduces the error. How do I update?

1 Solution

Managed to solve my issues.

Run amd cleanup and ddu in safe mode, then install drivers in safe mode.

Copy the driver map in C:/program files and paste it in c:/progam files (x86) and also directly in C:/amd

The driver issues comes from windows not knowing where the files are located due to installation not placing them in the correct folder.

23.5.2 drivers are placed directly in C:/amd folder but the newer are placed in C:/program files.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
UKKN
Adept I

Use AMD Cleanup utility then DDU clean and restart option on DDU. Then reinstall your drivers.

knepich
Adept II

Same issue, black screen and cant boot into windows.

Ddu or fresh windows does not work, still same error

Im still on the previous version lol, waiting for the update then will do amd cleanup

0 Likes

Managed to solve my issues.

Run amd cleanup and ddu in safe mode, then install drivers in safe mode.

Copy the driver map in C:/program files and paste it in c:/progam files (x86) and also directly in C:/amd

The driver issues comes from windows not knowing where the files are located due to installation not placing them in the correct folder.

23.5.2 drivers are placed directly in C:/amd folder but the newer are placed in C:/program files.

Thanks! Do you think this will be fixed on the next update?

0 Likes

Just got pushed 23.12.1 set install location to amd. No issues. Woo