Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Wight36
Adept I

AMD Sofware: host application using high CPU utilization

Hi All,

Currently playing hell drivers on the latest driver, it seems AMD adrenalin will stop responding and then start to use up CPU resources.
The pic below shows 29.8% but then it went up to 47%.
I’ve tried keeping the application closed but then it will start using resources at random times.

Any ideas on how to rectify this?

System is 5800x3d / 7900xt / 32Gb @3200Mhz

image.png

0 Likes
3 Replies
tumpo
Journeyman III

I have same problem while playing Helldivers 2.

5600X / 5700 XT.

Haven't found any solution, I have tried tracking Radeonsoftware.exe with procmon software and have found these problems:

procmon1.png

I was able to fix the above problem by deleting OpenVR folder, but there is still this problem:

procmon2.png

These both problems happen every cycle, ending up eating up to 60-70% CPU in worst cases, causing massive FPS drops in game.

I have tried deleting drivers with DDU and installing newest ones but same problem still exists. More people have similar problems with AMD systems + Helldivers 2 as seen here.

0 Likes
tumpo
Journeyman III

After brief testing I think I managed to tame the CPU usage.

1. DDU'd drivers
  2. Installed driver only, but Freesync didn't work
  3. DDU'd again
  4. Installed minimal setup

Possibly only minimal setup could do the trick, so give it a try. Sadly you lose most of the features of the Adrenaline software such as under-/overclocking, fan speed management, ReLive and more.

I use MSI Afterburner for custom fan curve and I didn't use any other Adrenaline Software features to be honest, so this is workable workaround for me.

0 Likes
Wight36
Adept I

I've uninstalled Adrenaline and gone for a driver only install.

For now i'm using MSI afterburner for my custom fan curve and undervolt and RTSS for a FPS cap if i need it.

So far it seems okay, i do like the Adrenaline features so i will try again when a new driver comes out to see what happens.

0 Likes