cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

VHOliveira
Journeyman III

AMD Software won't open after updating to 23.9.2

AMD Software shows up normaly on the taskbar and on the desktop right click options but when i try opening it, the aplication tries to load and crashes on the background. Reverted back to the 23.9.1 and it works normaly.

My specs:

Ryzen 5 3600

32gb ram

RX 6600

1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

We have an existing topic on this, please use that to provide your feedback and track status updates. 

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/adrenalin-wont-start/td-p/632786

View solution in original post

14 Replies
nhagman76
Journeyman III

I can open it one time when I boot up, but when I close it, it does not re-open when I attempt to open it.

0 Likes

I restarted my pc a couple of times and the problem seemed to be fixed for now it seems. Not sure about your issue though.

My specs

RX 6600 XT

Ryzen 5 5600g

16gb ddr4

0 Likes
AZTRIEL
Adept I

you're not alone brother I am having the same problem, it shows in task manager and task bar when I click it in side bar to try to open or open with windows start it will just disappear and never open but shows it is still open in task manager. Never had this problem until 23.9.2 I uninstalled 5 times did AMD utility clean DDU manually removed AMD nothing works, I was doing all this for 4 hours making me not ever want a AMD product again. 

AZTRIEL
Adept I

I installed previous driver from mine, and it's working seems like that is the only solution 

0 Likes
Perka028
Adept I

I bought new pc recently. 

The specs are

• Rx 6700 XT Challenger
  • Ryzen 5 7600x
  • Ddr 5 16GB 
  • Psu 750w bronze
  • Asus b650

Every game was working on ultra settings without any issues or gpu warming up (i got max 72 degrees). After the update was installed, around 8 pm 2 days ago i couldn't either launch a game, play it, or have more than 10 fps. I have reinstalled drivers multiple times with DDU and downgraded to the older version and the problem was still there.

After i factory reseted whole PC, everything was running okay, but after 8 PM it started same problems again (screen flickeering, black screen, low fps, freezing only when playing games) what are the possible fixes? It is something related to software or drivers, the hardware is top of tops...

I have tried every recommendation from forums, degraded drivers and still the problem persists

0 Likes
PythonCoderPro
Challenger

After installing this version, my laptop takes forever to boot. Anyone else facing this issue?

Asus ZenBook UX407IQ, Ryzen 5 4500u with Radeon graphics, Nvidia mx350, 8gb LPDDR4X ram, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb SSD, Win11 home
0 Likes
yodamann
Adept II

same issue on 23.9.2 AND 23.9.3 AMD FIX IT!!!!!! I go back to 23.9.1 and works fine, clearly a driver issue.

0 Likes

@yodamann Adrenaline version 23.9.3 doesn't even exist yet

Asus ZenBook UX407IQ, Ryzen 5 4500u with Radeon graphics, Nvidia mx350, 8gb LPDDR4X ram, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb SSD, Win11 home
0 Likes

Huh. It's not listed for the latest drivers when putting in your GPU model. It most have not been officerly launched yet. AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 XTX Drivers & Support | AMD

0 Likes
yodamann
Adept II

issue still persists...

0 Likes
AgCN3
Adept III

As I stated in another thread, I've given up on the 23.9 drivers alltogether.  23.9.1 didn't work very well and 23.9.2 caused my PC to freeze and even crash.  What's more, when I installed 23.9.2 the first time, it didn't even prompt for a re-start - which is odd in an of itself .  Then, when I did re-start and went to open Adrenalin Software, I got the "The version of Software you've installed is not compatible...  blah, blah, blah".  So I just gave up on the 23.9 drivers.  I'm currently running 23.8.2 and I have zero problems.

Ryzen 9 5950X|Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon 6950XT|128GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4-3600 (4x32)|ASUS Crosshair Dark Hero VIII|Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB|Corsair iCUE H150i AIO|Samsung G55A 32" Monitor|Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Yes, I feel these current branches of drivers have issues. While 23.9.1 works for me I do not doubt issues with your specfic configuration as there literally millions of machine configurations out there in the wild. I feel though this particular issue should be a relatively easy fix though if something obvious of the app not loading properly should be fairly easy to diagnose with debugging software.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

We have an existing topic on this, please use that to provide your feedback and track status updates. 

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/adrenalin-wont-start/td-p/632786