cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

cvearl
Adept II

Adrenalin 23.9.2 will not start up at all

I have had several driver installs without issue. Installing 23.9.2 is not working. Upgrade from within 23.8.2 Adrenalin or DDU Safe Mode fresh install from Website download... Same result. Goes through the entire install no problem and then I cannot start Adrenalin at all. I have to DDU back to 23.8.2 and then I am fine again.

My card is a 7900XT on Windows 11

I have seen many people here and there with the same problem. Some of them new 7800XT customers. Please fix ASAP!

Charles

1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

We have an existing topic on this, please use that to provide your feedback and track status updates. 

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/adrenalin-wont-start/td-p/632786

View solution in original post

3 Replies
cwiggles
Elite

Running a 7900XT here and 23.9.2 installed fine and no crashes in game yet for me.

I just saw in another thread I downloaded a version of the 23.9.2 drivers that have since been pulled (had combined in the filename and was over a 1GB in size) and replaced with a smaller 650MB version.

cwiggles_0-1695348898079.png

About to uninstall and re-install with the updated (and smaller) drivers, but so far the driver that was removed has been ok in the games I play, no crashes or anything. Well, none yet. 

The only main difference I saw was this version of the drivers installed to c:\program files\amd whereas previous releases installed to c:\amd" 

Anyway, for those having issues with the 23.9.x series of drivers, unless you need them for a specific game I would follow the other posters advice in this and other threads on this topic and revert back to your last known good driver release. 

Craig

0 Likes
yodamann
Adept II

same issue, I see the icon in task manager briefly and then it unloads. have to go back to 23.9.1 which works perfectly.

Matt_AMD
Community Manager

We have an existing topic on this, please use that to provide your feedback and track status updates. 

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/adrenalin-wont-start/td-p/632786