cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

community_moderator
Community Manager

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 24.8.1 Release Notes

This discussion is for community members to share their experience using AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.7.1.

For the full driver release notes and download link refer to: AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.8.1 driver release notes.

Highlights

• New Game Support

• Call of Duty®: Black Ops 6 Open Beta
    • Concord™
    • FINAL FANTASY XVI
    • Star Wars Outlaws™
  • Expanded HYPR-Tune Support

• HYPR-Tune support allows HYPR-RX to enable in-game technologies like AMD FidelityFX™ Super Resolution.
    • Support now added to automatically configure AMD FSR 3 frame generation in:
      • Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® III
      • Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered
      • Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales
    • Click HERE for more information regarding HYPR-RX

• AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag 2 Support for Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT

• Takes responsive gaming to the next level by introducing an in-game option to optimally pace frames, further reducing input lag on AMD RDNA™ architecture-based discrete and integrated graphics products.
      • Get a decrease in latency in Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT at 4K “Very High” settings of up to 28% when using AMD FidelityFX™ Super Resolution 3 with frame generation with AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag 2 compared to using it without AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag 2 on the AMD Radeon™ RX 7800 XT graphics card. RS-669
      • Users looking for a way to measure response time can use our Frame Latency Meter (FLM) or the built-in latency monitor in AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag 2.
    • Check out our new blog HERE to learn about the benefits of Anti-Lag 2 and how to monitor your latency.

• AI on Radeon™

•  Support and optimizations for the latest 2.1 version of Amuse application with FLUX.1 model support.
      • Amuse 2.1 is supported on
        • Radeon™ 7000 Series
        • Ryzen™ AI 300, 8040 & 7040 Series
      • FLUX.1 model is supported on
        • Radeon™ RX 7900 series, AMD Radeon™ PRO W7900 and AMD Radeon™ PRO W7800 graphics cards.
        • Minimum 32GB system RAM required.
      • Click HERE for more information. 
  • Fixed Issues and Improvements

• Intermittent application crash or driver timeout may occur while playing Black Myth: Wukong.
    • Intermittent application crash may occur while playing Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess on some Radeon™ RX 6600 and 6700 series GPUs.
    • Intermittent application crash or driver timeout may occur while launching Pacific Drive or KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX-.
    • Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering settings from AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition may fail to correctly apply for OpenGL® applications.
    • Artifacts may appear while playing certain games such as Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales or Rust.
    • Increased memory usage may be observed while playing certain versions of Minecraft Java Edition.
    • Improved “Optimizing Shaders” time when initially launching Forza Motorsport.

Known Issues

• Overly dark shadows or desaturated colors may be observed while playing Black Myth: Wukong when Global Illumination is to Medium or higher. Users experiencing this issue may set Global Illumination to Low as a temporary workaround. [Resolution targeted for 24.9.1]
  • Audio and video may intermittently become out of sync while recording using the AV1 codec in AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition. [Resolution targeted for 24.9.2]

If you would like to report an issue with AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.8.1, please use the AMD Bug Report Tool. If you require technical assistance with your AMD product, please contact AMD Customer Care.

IMPORTANT! When submitting a bug report against this driver, please make sure to include the following tag into the bug report description field using this format:

FORUM-DriverVersion-Username. For example, if your username was GAMER56 and the driver version was 24.8.1, use the tag FORUM-24-8-1-GAMER56

95 Replies
twibr
Adept III

I still don’t understand why you are suffering with this unstable series that began after 24.05? I installed 24.20.01.02 for myself a long time ago and have not experienced any problems.

i5-13400/ asrock Z790 PG Lightning D4 /32 GBytes DDR4 3200 Hynix/ ASRock 7700xt Phantom Gaming OC/ Deepcool PQ1000m
0 Likes
Romwell1024
Journeyman III

There is a flickering issue on my screen especially when watching youtube and also RD2 is crashing when using dx12 api “error_gfx_state”. There’s a lot of stutter when using dx12 api in any games i played. I tried vulkan api in RD2 my fps is around 120+ but the game display looks like running 60 fps so i switch dx12 but it crashes and stuttering. So sad amd has a driver issue since birth haha

ambrose
Challenger

So why do I keep getting the Overlay Message EVRYTIME I come out of Sleep Mode??? 

Lastly, AMD When are you Going to Give Microsoft Sht, for Messing up your FPS Performance with W11?  Isn't W11( Pro ) Supposed to be Giving BETTER FPS, then what W10 is?  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVpv-EpEoGM&t=186s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRNo-yYeDu0

P.S. Hasn't Happened with my AM5 Build but when  I was AM4, This same thing would happen but there were times that the AMD control panel decided I should Re-Install my Drivers as it would Default to 720p and there was no way to fix it Other Than re-install everything

Alexaali
Adept I

The AMD Adrenalin Edition 24.8.1 update brings exciting new game support, HYPR-Tune expansion, and crucial performance improvements for a smoother gaming experience!

0 Likes
JozefTaktyka
Journeyman III

Hello,

Any idea on the ETA of 24.9.1 full release, not preview? My adrenalin app still shows that 24.8.1 is the latest. 

I got 7700 xt.

Cheers

Grashna91
Adept I

Dear AMD.

After the new driver install, I have random freezes again, and Windows keep replace my Amd driver AGAIN. Could you please fix this issues for good? I have a 7900 XT, I payed a lot of money for it, just to keep face problems... Thats not too professional.

radu1006
Elite

It was a pleasure complaining here with you guys, but now I have to leave team red on GPUs side.

I switched my beloved 7900XT with an RTX 4080.

7900XT is an awesome card, but the drivers drove me mad.

See you on the other side.

Just one last tip for AMD, as I noticed on my new nvidia card, that it never drops the voltage below 900mV and still keeps the power consumption in idle around 10-11W compared to AMD that drops to 60-65mV.

And I think this is one major cause for the instability, as I also mentioned it in another post.

0 Likes

Just another bull**bleep** reason on the long list for AMD's crappy drivers, see ULPS, and disabling it.

0 Likes

Change of plans guys. I am going to RMA my 4080 and I will stick with my 7900xt. I will try to help figure out the issues.

The 4080 is not what I was thinking. The performance is not as in the reviews.I was expecting a 12-15% improvement, but in some areas is actually worse than my 7900xt. RT is awesome, but not enough to make the difference.

Also this particular model has several drawbacks that for me cause a lot of problems.

Willing_Week_2650
Journeyman III

Thanks for your efforts,

however Greedfall wont boot past the "focus presents" introduction clip. It just crashes. I haven't had the issue before updating to 24.7.1 / 24.8.1 . There is also a reddit thread about

this: https://www.reddit.com/r/greedfall/comments/1f22yzg/wont_load_past_intro_video/

Kind regards

RobertGolden
Journeyman III

please how to download AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition™ Application ? when i clic on download in this web site it didn't allow it :

https://www.amd.com/en/products/software/adrenalin.html

please help me.

0 Likes
Siam7
Adept I

while recording with HEVC codec, the game freezes and after some time the whole PC crashes and boots into bios and doesn't recognize SSD. But works fine when recording with AVC codec. I've been facing this issue for a couple of months and drivers, and it still hasn't been fixed.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3500X, Mobo: B550, GPU: RX 5500XT 8GB

0 Likes

Any ETA on the next driver version? The previous two are still preview...

hansyuli
Adept I

So since 24.6.1, I have been facing some weird issues even until the current 24.8.1 even with my new freshly installed windows 10 and 11:

1. Hardware acceleration in android studio not working, have to use software rendering

2. Davinci Resolve just crashed right when starting playback

3. Bluestacks hardware acceleration just always crashing, software acceleration sometimes crash

4. MSI Afterburner/RTSS no longer able to detect 6700XT in the monitoring

5. Some old game like Dragon's Dogma 1 refuse to run with some weird error

6. Photoshop is just super slow as if no GPU used

7. Some hardware accelerated video converter just use around 10% GPU and very slow instead of 100%

Then when i revert back to 24.5.1, all these issue just gone like magic. Even though some people says that these are the respective software's problem, with a single action of reverting back to 24.5.1 fixed all these issue is just a clear indicator something happened between 24.5.1 and 24.6.1.

Not sure with other GPU, but at least for my 6700XT this is the behaviour

My Rig:

- Asrock X670e Pro RS

- 7700X

- Gigabyte 6700XT

- 64GB Corsair 5200CL40

- Samsung 980

0 Likes