cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

community_moderator
Community Manager

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 24.6.1 Release Notes

This discussion is for community members to share their experience using AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.6.1.

For the full driver release notes and download link refer to: AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.6.1 driver release notes.

Highlights

New Game Support

• The First Descendant
  • Once Human

Expanded HYPR-RX Support

HYPR-TUNE Profiles

• Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth
  • Overwatch® 2
  • The First Descendent
  • F1® 24
  • Outpost: Infinity Siege

Click HERE for more information about HYPR-RX.

• Enable HYPR-RX and get an instant boost in performance of up to 149% on the Radeon™ RX 7800XT GPU across games like Baldur's Gate 3, F1 23, Resident Evil 4 and more! RS-642
  • Join the conversation by sharing how well HYPR-RX with AFMF is working on your system. This information across thousands of games helps us make further improvements.

Expanded Operation System Support

• Support for Windows 11, version 24H2

AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag 2 Support for Counter-Strike 2

• Takes responsive gaming to the next level by introducing an in-game option to optimally pace frames, further reducing input lag on AMD RDNA™ architecture-based discrete and integrated graphics products.
  • Get a decrease in latency in Counter-Strike 2 of up to 40% with AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag 2 at 4K on the AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 GRE graphics card. RS-647.
  • Get a decrease in latency in Counter-Strike 2 of up to 27% with AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag 2 at 1080p on the AMD Ryzen™ 7 8700G processor with AMD Radeon™ 780M graphics. RS-651.

Click HERE for more information about AMD Anti-Lag 2.

AI on Radeon

• Performance improvements and memory footprint reduction for Large Language Models (LLMs) thanks to 4-bit quantization acceleration support for all RDNA™ series discrete graphics products and RDNA™ 3 series integrated graphics products running ONNXRuntime with DirectML.

Click HERE for more information.

AI Development on Radeon

• Technology Preview for Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL 2) enabling PyTorch users with supported hardware to develop with AMD ROCm™ software on a Windows system, eliminating the need for dual boot set ups.

Expanded Agility SDK Support – Introducing support for Agility SDK 1.613 and Microsoft's Agility SDK 1.614.0 functionality.

•  Microsoft DirectX 12 Work Graphs 1.0 API
    • D3D12 Work Graphs support for AMD Radeon™ RX 7000 Series graphics cards, learn more HERE.
  • GPU Upload Heaps
    • See the DirectX Blog HERE, or our GPUOpen Blog post on GPU Upload Heaps HERE.
  • Shader Model 6.8 – Including Wave Size Range and Expanded Comparison Sampling
  • R9B9G9E5 Support for Render Targets and UAVs

Fixed Issues and Improvements

• Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas may fail to launch.
  • Improvement to intermittent driver timeout or application crash experienced while playing HELLDIVERS™ 2 on AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 series GPUs.
  • AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition Performance Metrics may intermittently fail to update while playing HELLDIVERS™ 2.
  • Intermittent system freeze or low FPS on hybrid graphics notebooks pairing certain FreeSync enabled displays.

What to Know

AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag 2

• Anti-Lag 2 will be enabled by default in the Counter-Strike 2 “ADVANCED VIDEO” settings menu.
  • Anti-Lag 2 unlocks improved responsiveness by adding in-game pacing of the CPU with the GPU, particularly in GPU-intensive scenarios.
    • For more information on how to use Anti-Lag 2 and measure latency click HERE.
    • Join the conversation by sharing how responsive is improved with Anti-Lag 2 on your system.

Known Issues

• Virtual Super Resolution or Display Color Enhancements may be set to disabled after driver upgrade. [Resolution targeted for 24.7.1]
  • Corruption may be observed while playing Dying Light 2 Stay Human: Reloaded Edition with Radeon™ Boost enabled. Users experiencing this issue are recommended to disable Radeon™ Boost as a temporary workaround.
  • Intermittent in-game corruption may be observed while playing Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT with AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition™ Record & Streaming and HDR enabled.
  • Intermittent black corruption may be observed on scaled 3d models while using Origin or OriginPro application. [Resolution targeted for 24.7.1]
  • Audio and video may intermittently become out of sync while recording using the AV1 codec in AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition. [Resolution targeted for Q3]

If you would like to report an issue with AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.6.1, please use the AMD Bug Report Tool. If you require technical assistance with your AMD product, please contact AMD Customer Care.

IMPORTANT! When submitting a bug report against this driver, please make sure to include the following tag into the bug report description field using this format:

FORUM-DriverVersion-Username. For example, if your username was GAMER56 and the driver version was 24.6.1, use the tag FORUM-24-6-1-GAMER56

154 Replies

I also noticed this pattern, especially in RDR2

0 Likes
Santii-P
Journeyman III

This version is unstable on my RX 7700 xt, I had to go back to the previous version but unfortunately some games ask me for recent drivers. Please solve the problem!

rawintellect
Miniboss

The settings import/export failure has been corrected in 24.6.1. Thank you AMD!

Dear developers, installing the latest drivers on my RX 6650 XT video card causes the Windows 10 operating system to freeze when I try to open AMD Adrenaline. I can't submit a bug report because... the system stops working (in other words, the system hangs) on the desktop. Through experience, I was able to find out that for some reason your video driver conflicts with Windows 10 components after installing the latest Microsoft updates. I tried to reinstall Windows 10, downloaded from the official Microsoft website, without connecting the computer to the Internet. So the latest Microsoft updates were not installed and I downloaded the latest version of your video driver and it worked fine until I installed the updates again on Windows 10. Currently I have the video driver version 22.5.1 installed. It works stably. Now regarding the game DayZ. Why are you so studiously ignoring this problem? I've been seeing a bunch of people complaining about this topic for years now. You still don't acknowledge the problem. My video card went on sale more than 2 years ago, and not only was the problem not fixed, it wasn’t even
no one comments or acknowledges it despite the large number of user complaints. Why do you care so much about your audience? When will this all end? If you need video evidence of the problem, then I am ready to provide you with this information, both on the operating system freezing when using the latest drivers, and on the terrible performance of DayZ. Here are the components of my system:

1. GIGABYTE AMD Radeon RX 6650 XT GAMING OC
2.AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
3. Cougar STX 700W
4. DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX 400 EX
5. AMD Radeon R9 Gamer Series 32 Gb
6. MSI B550M PRO-VDH WIFI

wiking76
Adept I

all my games now are unplayable

ricker1
Journeyman III

I'm having an issue with being able to come out of sleep mode. The computer wakes up, fans spin, mouse and keyboard come back on, the monitor says there is no signal coming in. I've seen this issue on other threads with previous driver updates. All new hardware:

AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT

AMD Ryzen 7

ASUS TUF GAMING B650-E WIFI

Does anyone know any good work-a-rounds for this until it gets resolved in the next driver update?

Thank you.

RodroG
Adept I

Hello. I had intense and persistent stuttering with driver version 24.6.1 in most of my games, and rolling back to version 24.5.1 fixed it in all cases.

I also decided to skip the latest Windows 11 23H2 cumulative preview update to avoid more problems. However, even without the Windows update, the stuttering in most games persists when using the 24.6.1 driver.

The issue is not the usual brief shader compilation hitches in games after installing/updating a display driver but persistent and non-stop stuttering in most games I tested.

Even driver 24.6.1 causes this stuttering in The First Descendant despite being its game-ready driver, and 24.5.1 solves it.

BTW, I always use AMD Cleanup Utility/DDU before installing or upgrading to any chosen driver version and perform a clean and Minimal driver install.

Many users have reported this persistent stuttering pattern in games using 24.6.1, so something is likely off and causes severe and persistent stuttering when using the Adrenalin 24.6.1 driver. So, a fix is required via a hotfix driver or included in the future 24.7.1 drivers.

i9-12900K | RX 7900 XTX | 32GB DDR4

Persistent crashes and stuttering on The First Descendant

Also getting 100% GPU usage in most if not all areas

6950XT

i9-12900k

DDR5 6000MHz

yodamann
Adept II

stuttering in Helldivers 2, you guys really rushed this one out to get a "June" release.

kennyxy
Adept II

Why does it take so long for adrenalin to load at startup ? I have an intel igpu their software loads instantly but yours takes minutes !

Rockywhu
Elite

24.6.1 Drivers just avoid until the next lot are out

B650 AORUS PRO AX, RYZEN 9 7950X3D, SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX, CORSAIR VENGENCE RGB PRO 32GB RAM, CORSAIR RM750x 80 PLUS GOLD 750W
Rockywhu
Elite

I'm done with 24.6.1 Drivers. Rolled back to 24.5.1 and everything feels fine now on my 7900XTX

Also if you're rolling back....VERY IMPORTANT to do a clean install using AMD Utility tool first, because I noticed it doesn't install correctly when just downgrading downloading from the website for 24.5.1.

Had some instability with freezes or not able to open up adrenalin

For example I couldn't even apply Ray tracing on Ratchet & Clank on 24.5.1 drivers, options faded out! LOL

Only fix was using AMD Cleanup Utility, then I did a fresh install of 24.5.1 driver... then I could apply RT on Ratchet & everything else was fine, FC 24 smooth again

So if ppl are experiencing some issues and crashes then it could be that's the reason why when downgrading back from 24.6.1 to 24.5.1

B650 AORUS PRO AX, RYZEN 9 7950X3D, SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX, CORSAIR VENGENCE RGB PRO 32GB RAM, CORSAIR RM750x 80 PLUS GOLD 750W

Exactly same issue 

Same.

i9-12900K | RX 7900 XTX | 32GB DDR4

It's been almost a year since I stupidly bought the 7800 and still struggling with not normally working GPU(and I'm not alone unfortunately). I just wonder if there was any reaction form the company on dead 7x series except their poker face? Anything like "yes, we know", "yes, we are working...", "we are sorry" at least?

TheNakedPirate
Journeyman III

Crashes with every unreal-engine-game!
Driver timeouts with nearly every game on the market!
Driver timeouts with videos in browsers, no matter which platform, codec, etc...

What the hell are you thinking? What are you doing?
I have had enough to be friendly or understanding - only massive problems since I changed to AMD graphics. I'm sick of it. Enough with this insolence.

Omgnoway
Adept III

merc 310 7900 xtx

7800 x3d

had to undervolt GPU

had to turn off XMP on mb for CPU

had practically disable whole computer 

to play any games the 7900 xtx drivers are pure garbage

and i will tell everyone who wants to buy amd to stay away

and dont even get me started on did you use the report tool 

its a joke ive reported from day one!

"had to turn off XMP on mb for CPU"

So unstable/incompatible memory? That's probably at the root of your issues.

0 Likes
Alo
Journeyman III

is it possible to add a Scaling Mode on the registration? maybe an extension to download for recording with "custom" resolution or anyway not native? i have issues with black bars while recording with 1280x1024 or 1440x1080, these issues got reported in the past and i also reported it with a ticket, maybe telling my problem here i can solve it.

I'm sorry if I wrote something wrong but English is not my native language and I didn't used a translator.

0 Likes
tanazzz
Adept III

Meanwhile all tech reviewers be like " AmD dRiVeRs ArE bEtTER tHaN nViDiA nOw". How is nobody noticing the HUNDREDS of replies in each driver release thread with users having completely unusable computers?!?

If you look at nvidia forums, their gpu driver post has 4x as many posts in it due to more users. People also post about about CPUs here. Drivers get a lot of faulty hardware blame and people are unwilling or poor at troubleshooting true root cause. Having switched in past year from nvidia to amd gpu, i would say the experience is slightly better but pretty much the same.

Correct Nvidia have their own driver issues.

No matter if you're with Nvidia or AMD you're going to always have issues with some games after driver updates.

I was with Nvidia before and actually had more issues with things

0 Likes

Keep up the delusion guys, Nvidia has 85% marketshare and there are still less people posting with forums with issues, and most issues that they do have are singular to specific driver versions. Most AMD driver issues span back 2-3 years and have not been addressed/fixed by AMD with 15+ driver versions.

0 Likes
Mirk44
Adept I

7900XT, tried 24.6.1 and i keep getting crashes in most of my games right after booting them up, sometimes i get DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL windows blue screen. Of course SAM option also greyed out.

Rolled back to 24.5.1 and it's fixed so jumping this update in the hope that the next one is better, getting really tired of this mess every update

Exactly same issue 

0 Likes
Draxirch
Miniboss

I hope for your sake AMD that you are looking into fixing Kingdom Hearts crashing issues.

Thanks to how bad it is we are approaching Mixed reviews.

I hope Square Enix is ashamed of releasing this.

Since owning my steam deck this became no longer an option, but I'll gladly use my Asus Rog Ally when it's fixed in the next 5 years.

For shame.

Funny thing its been longer than a year of me trying to play KH, and 0 progress on my rx 7900 XT. I'd be suprised if it starts working in 5 years at this point. And always issues with the goddamn dx12 

ardankyaosen
Miniboss

This is probably not valid, but on the off-chance I'll bring it up.  For those having all these problems, do you have an Intel 13th or 14th gen CPU?  There have been a few videos on YouTube recently talking about problems with those CPUs and games.  The first segment of this video is one of the more accessible versions:

https://youtu.be/_9FDW1wc9To?si=2gsggW-10ldUBFPC 

0 Likes

i don't know what is the generation but is a Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10400 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz

0 Likes

As a 10400, that'd be a 10th generation.  The problematic CPUs are the 13xxx and 14xxx lines.

0 Likes
Elkas
Journeyman III

Can you please Fix Starcraft 2 random Black Screen?

Ryzen 5900x

RX 6900 XT

Corsair 32 GB Ram

RoG Thor 1200w

This has been happening since last year, i'm just too patience too write a report. But i'm on my last rope right now, so i write this report in hope, that someone in AMD read this report and send it to their developer team.

Play Starcraft 2 campaign, about 2 -5 mission, the black screen happening. It won't go away if i just wait, so i have to press the restart button on my PC. After i restart, my PC looks like it didn't have a driver, everything look small, i have 4k resolution monitor. When i try to open AMD Adrenalin Software, warning appear "The version of AMD Adrenalin Software currently installed is not compatible". So i uninstalled the driver using AMD Cleanup Utility, reinstall the same driver. Now the moment i launch Starcraft 2, about 5 seconds in login screen, black screen appear again. And the whole **bleep** nightmarish scenario happen again, need to reinstall driver, launch Starcraft 2 instant black screen. The doomsday for me is, every game i have will goes black screen the moment i launch them, World of Warcraft, Days Gone, you name it, after this single black screen happen. I tried to reinstalled into the older driver, but the same black screen nightmare keep happening, as if the problem didn't go away after i uninstalled the driver. I already tried, 23, 22, all the way to 21 (2021 released date driver), but this nightmare just keep happening. I don't know why the moment this happen, it's like the bug/error itself leave it's mark on my PC and whatever version of driver i try to install, the black screen will keep on happening as if it plague the entire line of AMD Driver. But out of like 37 old driver i tried, there few that fix the issue, the 2022 december driver fix this for a moment i can play Starcraft 2 for hours normally but after 3 mission, but just only for a moment. The black screen will happen, then this nightmarish cycle happening all over again.

I just buy this machine new exactly a year ago, this has been happening like half a year ago. It's just that when it happen i got busy with real life, now that i have a lot of time to play Starcraft 2, this **bleep** happening like crazy, almost everyday i'm just spending much time try to fix, searching for the old driver, reinstalling driver, finger cross that the black screen won't happen again, than playing the game itself. I have more time in agony and pain than i'm having fun.

At this point i'm really considering selling this machine, and buy an intel - nvidia based machine. I play Starcraft in my old Asus TUF laptop with Ryzen 4800 and RTX 2060 fine there, no black screen no trouble. And i like to add before this nightmare black screen happen, i finish Days Gone, Resident Evil 4 Remake, and hours of World of Warcraft just fine with zero black screen. But somehow Starcraft 2 just so broken, and it become the trigger for the black screen nightmarish cycle.

0 Likes

Sounds more like SC2 pushes your hardware in manner that the GPU cannot handle it to the point that after restart the GPU is unrecognizable. Highly doubtful that is a driver issue, especially since you swapped the driver out by using different version from many years. I would contact GPU manufacturer and try to get RMA or work through their support.

But before doing that i would verify windows installation and disk condition with chdsk on system drive, then do sfc and dism commands.

0 Likes

But why, it never happen when i play other games like Days Gone, Resident Evil Remake 4, The Last of Us Remake, The Incredible Adventure of Van Helsing? This are some of game that i finish, all of them without any black screen at all. But this only happen on Starcraft 2, and when it happen all the other game got black screen instantly on start screen the moment i reinstalled the same version of driver or any old version. I use Fumark to stress test my machine for like good 30 minutes, no black screen.

0 Likes

ok, I missed that some drivers fix the issue. I had a strange issue where only diablo 4 would crash, which is a blizzard game too. All my other games worked fine. I eventually found that it was the version of RTSS in afterburner that was causing the issue. Updating to latest version of RTSS fixed the issue.

Good luck.

0 Likes
CrashSimmons
Adept I

May I ask what the point is of using the format FORUM-DriverVersion-Username in the bug report description field? I've submitted dozens of reports like this, but I don't know what purpose it serves?

0 Likes