cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

community_moderator
Community Manager

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 24.5.1 Release Notes

This discussion is for community members to share their experience using AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.5.1.
For the full driver release notes and download link refer to: AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.5.1 driver release notes.

Highlights
New Game Support

• Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT
  • Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II
  • F1® 24

Expanded HYPR-RX Support

HYPR-TUNE Profiles

• Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT
  • Horizon Forbidden West™ Complete Edition
  • Starfield
  • The Last of Us™ Part I

Click HERE for more information regarding HYPR-RX.

• Enable HYPR-RX and get an instant boost in performance of up to 136% on the Radeon™ RX 7600XT GPU across games like Baldur's Gate 3, F1 23, Resident Evil 4 and more! RS-643
  • Enable HYPR-RX and get an instant boost in performance of up to 86% on the Ryzen™ 8700G APU across games like Baldur's Gate 3, F1 23, Resident Evil 4 and more! RS-645
  • Join the conversation by sharing how well HYPR-RX with AFMF is working on your system. This information across thousands of games helps us make further improvements.

AI Applications on AMD

• The latest version of AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition ensures optimal support and performance, providing the most refined enhancements and optimizations for the best user experience.
  • AMD Software can power AI functionality included with leading ISV applications. Content Creators can rely on AMD Software to accelerate AI-enhanced features in many content creation apps, including Adobe® Creative Cloud, Blender®, DaVinci Resolve, Topaz Photo & Video AI and many more. Click HERE for more information.

AI Development on Radeon

• AMD Software enables lower-level AI functionality with popular frameworks like PyTorch and ONNX Runtime on Linux®, enabling developers, enthusiasts and researchers to work with AI on select Radeon 7000 series desktop GPUs. Click HERE for more information.

Fixed Issues and Improvements

• Intermittent application crash or driver timeout may be observed while playing World of Warcraft® or World of Warcraft® Classic on RDNA™ 3 series graphics products.
  • Intermittent application crash or driver timeout may be observed while playing Overwatch® 2 on Radeon™ RX 5000 series graphics products.
  • Intermittent stutter immediately after alt-tab with Performance Metrics Overlay enabled.
  • Texture flicking may be observed while playing Hitman: Contracts.
  • Corruption around certain water elements may be observed while playing Alan Wake 2 with Radeon™ Boost enabled.

Known Issues

• Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas may fail to launch.[Resolution targeted for 24.6.1]
  • Black corruption may be observed while playing Alien Isolation on Radeon™ 7000 series graphics products.
  • Corruption may be observed while playing Dying Light 2 Stay Human: Reloaded Edition with Radeon™ Boost enabled. Users experiencing this issue are recommended to disable Radeon™ Boost as a temporary workaround.
  • Intermittent in-game corruption may be observed while playing Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT with AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition™ Record & Streaming and HDR enabled.
  • Max Payne 1 and 2 may fail to launch on RDNA 3 series graphics products when Anti-Aliasing is enabled.
  • AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition Performance Metrics may intermittently fail to update while playing HELLDIVERS™ 2.[Resolution targeted for 24.6.1]
  • Audio and video may intermittently become out of sync while recording using the AV1 codec in AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition. [Resolution targeted for Q3]

If you would like to report an issue with AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.5.1, please use the AMD Bug Report Tool. If you require technical assistance with your AMD product, please contact AMD Customer Care.

IMPORTANT! When submitting a bug report against this driver, please make sure to include the following tag into the bug report description field using this format:

FORUM-DriverVersion-Username. For example, if your username was GAMER56 and the driver version was 24.5.1, use the tag FORUM-24-5-1-GAMER56

125 Replies

I confirm,

This works for me

7900 XTX,

Get your **bleep** together AMD, this has been going for far too long....

0 Likes

Downgraded to 24.4.1 because it crashed  randomly at common usage scenario's(not playing games).

That's a critical issue.

After downgrade it work's stable.

Already sent my crash-report within app.

Tried with pro drivers 24.Q1.1. Got same problem.

For me latest stable 24.4.1 sadly.

I will try next one 24.6.1 and if it persist on crashing then there will be more details to it.

GPU
AMD Radeon RX 6500 XT
Primary/Discrete

You will have the same issue with any 2024 versions. Install 23.12.1 if you want stability. AMD F-ed up the 2024 drivers completely.

0 Likes

I've seen this suggestion multiple times, and it is incorrect. I am on the 23.12.1 driver right now and still get driver crashes.

0 Likes

Bro I have the same problem ...

I have new build with Ryzen 7 8700G with integrated Radeon 780M

First day after instalation of Windows 11 I saw first freez + black screen during Adrenalin 24.5.1 installation...

The same stuff many times every day (in random places):

Device PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_15BF&SUBSYS_7E261462&REV_06\4&9f3b8ea&0&0041 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: oem2.inf
Class Guid: {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Service: amduw23g
Lower Filters:
Upper Filters:
Problem: 0x0
Problem Status: 0xC00000E5

I thought that this is related to my DDR5 but currently I have latest BIOS with default settings.

Funny is that I'm able to play some games and there is no issue, sometimes also it is possible to perform full stress test (OCCT, Cinebench, Furmark) and everything is OK and few seconds after ...freez.... black screen. It also happen that I have freez + black screen right after logint to Windows So that It was hard for me to quickly disable Radeon 780M and write this post with default Microsoft graphic driver ....

I have discussion with consumer tech support (after reported bug) ... let's see what will happen.

0 Likes

Bug Report: GPU Clock Issue in AMD RX 6000 Series

Report Details:

• GPU Model: AMD RX 6600
  • Driver Version: 24.5.1
  • Affected Games: Valorant, CS2, League of Legends

Problem Description:

My AMD RX 6600 graphics card is experiencing performance issues in games that have low GPU usage, specifically in Valorant, CS2, and League of Legends. The GPU clock remains extremely low during these games, causing FPS drops and stuttering.

Behavior Details:

• The GPU clock stays very low, similar to when browsing the internet or watching a video, even during gameplay.
  • When I set the game graphics to high, the GPU clock increases appropriately. However, in competitive games, users generally prioritize maximum FPS, which requires low graphic settings.
  • When setting the graphics to low, the GPU interprets that it is not under heavy load and lowers the clock, causing stuttering and extremely low FPS, which is inadequate for the GPU’s expected performance level.

Steps to Reproduce the Issue:

1. Run any of the mentioned games (Valorant, CS2, League of Legends).
  2. Set the game’s graphic options to low.
  3. Observe the GPU clock behavior and monitor performance (FPS and stuttering).

Actions Taken to Mitigate:

• Ran the games in full-screen mode.
  • Set the games to high performance in Windows power settings.
  • Ran only the game with all other programs closed.
  • Changed the minimum clock settings in the AMD Adrenaline software.
  • Performed a clean installation of Windows.

Additional Observations:

• After various mitigation attempts, including suggestions from Reddit and the AMD Community, none were successful. Other users also reported being unable to resolve the issue.
  • I believe this is a problem related to the driver or firmware of the RX 6000 series GPUs.

Request:

I kindly ask the AMD team to investigate this issue urgently, as it significantly affects the gaming experience in popular competitive titles. Thank you in advance for your attention, and I look forward to a solution.

0 Likes
mrsmoki
Journeyman III

Still crashing in Wow Classic.

Win 11

7900 XTX

intel 12700K

4x 16GB Adata 4800 MHz DDR5 ram (no XMP)

I used the AMD Cleanup Utility in safe mode before installing 24.5.1 (with factory reset)

Event Viewer:

Display driver amduw23g stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Go back to 23-series, no problems with those.

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Specifically for World of Warcraft?

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes

Haven't played WoW with the 24-series, so I don't know if it applies, but every single game I have played had problems with the 24-series drivers, so why not WoW too.

0 Likes
kendric_BUF
Adept I

AsRock Phantom 7800 XT

7700x with PBO

32gb 6000mhz cl36 ddr5 Gskill

Gigabyte B650m mobo

Corsair RM850watt psu

Windows 10 fresh install 

STILL getting crashing when the card is running at 100% utilization. This time in Ghost of Tsushima. Once again had to neuter the boost clock to 2200mhz to keep it from crashing. Just like Helldivers 2 all over again. STILL the same result of buying a gpu that can't run as advertised. Never again, AMD. 

0 Likes
pedropaiva
Journeyman III

asus b85m-g
i7 4770 3,4 ghz
rx 550 series

I successfully downloaded the adrenalin software, but it finishes installing and doesn't open anymore, I've uninstalled it, started it as an administrator and nothing.
Please, someone help me with this bug, as from what I researched the software is compatible with my components

I successfully downloaded the adrenalin software, but it finishes installing and doesn't open anymore, I've uninstalled it, started it as an administrator and nothing. Please, someone help me with this bug, as from what I researched the software is compatible with my components

0 Likes
KrzyKam
Journeyman III

New Alpha 17C7V laptop.
Windows startup time with Adrenaline 24.4.1 - 18 seconds.
After installing AMD Software Adrenalin to version 24.5.1 - startup time 2 minutes.
This is definitely related to version 24.5.1 as restoring to version 24.4.1 solves the problem.
The new version probably introduces some improvements, so I would like to install it. Do you have any idea what's going on with this version 24.5.1?

0 Likes

I think I know where the problem is.
When hibernation is disabled, each system startup/reboot takes 2 minutes.
When hibernation is enabled:
- shutting down the system and restarting it - everything works fine.
- when you select "reboot system" - it takes 2 minutes to start it.

0 Likes

Dear developers, tell me, have you gone completely crazy there? If earlier the AMD driver simply worked poorly in some games, now after installing Adrenalin Edition 24.5.1 or installing “Automatic detection and installation of driver updates for AMD Radeon™ series video cards and Ryzen™ chipsets,” the computer stops working after a reboot (even earlier it was impossible to open the Adrenalin control panel after a reboot, although the driver was installed correctly). After rebooting, you cannot use your computer and it freezes. I reinstalled Windows 10 5 times, downloaded from the official Microsoft website (full formatting and clean installation of the operating system). All 5 times the operating system froze occurred only after INSTALLING THE AMD DRIVER. This didn't happen before. What did you do again? I am the owner of an AMD Radeon Rx 6650 xt video card. And again, only driver version 22.5.1 works correctly. You have a version of a working driver, but instead of promoting it, you just ruin everything. How long will this last? When will you start working?

Here are the specs of my computer:
1. GIGABYTE AMD Radeon RX 6650 XT GAMING OC
2.AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
3. Cougar STX 700W
4. DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX 400 EX
5. AMD Radeon R9 Gamer Series 32 Gb
6. MSI B550M PRO-VDH WIFI
Thank you for your attention!

Aaxion
Journeyman III

AMD 7900 XTX Red Devil still getting crashes and driver timeouts on World of Warcraft, guess I’ll just sell the card and go back to Nvidia, been dealing with drivers issues for 8 months now and it’s generally related to DirectX 12. Tried my very best to give team red the benefit of the doubt after being team green for years and I just simply never had these issues with my 3070ti or my 980. It would be one thing if it was a short term issue that got fixed within a couple months but having constant driver timeouts for more than 6 months now? Can’t handle it much longer. 

WantToLoveAmd
Adept II

I'm DONE with AMD

My WoW was crashing in DX12. They say they fixed it. Now every time I play it crashes within 1min EVEN in DX11. Not only does the game crash but all my screens go black and I just have to force shutdown my computer because not even the reset button works.

Not sure if you hire only incompetent useless people or if you guys just don't care and AMD severely understaffs their teams.

Whatever though

I'm just paying twice as much for the top of the line NVIDIA card whenever they come out and never looking back

done begging for a fix to an incompetent company, hope you go bankrupt

(7900 XTX)

Just ordered a 4070 ti SUPER

it will have to do until I build a new machine once the new NVIDIA cards come out

Tired of always having to be worried about whether I'm going to mess up our raids or any other gaming sessions either with friends or alone

huge weight off my shoulders

Sorry but not sorry for all the people that like me have been suffering for months on end

We were just dumb giving money to this company

They deserve nothing but to go bankrupt

WantToLoveAmd
Adept II

As a farewell message to all my fellow losers that have been scammed by AMD, here are some recommendations:

- IT IS AMD's faults and their hardware and/or software are faulty, thus:

- DON'T Waste time formatting your computer, changing any settings other than setting DX version to 11

- IF Your graphics card comes Overclocked or has a switch that has an OC bios, set it to the non OC bios

- Reduce the max clocks in the AMD drivers

- These recommendations won't fix the issues, it will at best just make it happen less often

Even though I mention there's no fix, there's a permanent fix:

- Buy NVIDIA

CayroMx4
Adept III

AMD remove dxnavi please.

Draxirch
Miniboss

I officially can no longer recommend AMD to anyone.

They lied about potentially fixing the driver timeouts with the 7000XT/XTX series GPUs.

I will no longer be believing a word you say about this issue AMD unless you can provide me an update that you actually ARE working on fixing it.

Games inflicted with DX12 issues.

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 Remix

World of Warcraft

Fornite

Helldivers II (to my knowledge)

(Anymore please let me know...)

This is unacceptable.

You say you will fix things and then you don't.

You say you've fixed issues, others say you break them even more.

What's it going to be AMD?

Are you going to get off your terrible track record and actually give us a reason to buy your products? The 7000 GPUS are a literal disaster.

@Sam_AMD @Matt_AMD 

I am officially at my wits end. Timeouts FOR MONTHS NOW, WHY ARE YOU IGNORING THE 7000 XT/XTX TIMEOUTS AS A KNOWN ISSUE?????

I am so infuriated...

Stop begging them to make the product work

Don't you realize it?

They either don't care, are understaffed or their devs are just incompetent. I think it's all of them

Just move on and stop being a whiner for months on end. Stop being pathetic. The company is trash

NVIDIA baby!!!

Hope they dissapear

0 Likes

I will continue to pester them.

They deserve all the bad rep they have.

They don't care and the community needs to MAKE them care.

DayZ RIP

0 Likes

Cyberpunk 2077 and The Talos Principle 2 also suffer from dx12 issues.
Sometimes you can play only for a few seconds, sometimes for 20 minutes or more, but inevitably the game will freeze, followed seconds later by a crash to desktop.
Only on games using dx12. The same applies to Industria. Run it using dx11, no problem. Run it using dx12, crash.
You just never know when, there seems to be no discernible pattern to it.

The only exception in terms of predictability, as far as I'm aware of, is Far Cry 6. Also dx12-only.
Starting the game? No problem. Watching the intro? No problem. Doing whatever you want in the settings menu? No problem.
But select New Game and FC6 freezes, followed seconds later by a hard crash.
You then need to go to task manager and terminate FC6, which is still running in the background. If you don't, all kinds of weird stuff happens.

And no, it's not exclusively related to the 7000-series. My RX6800XT XFX Merc 319 suffers just the same and has been doing so for many months.

Only two options available.
A) Play a game using NVIDIA. (Already did that on my #1 gaming PC; it now has a 4070Ti)
B) Keep sending reports, hoping for a fix. (Did that too, once more)

rapport.png

0 Likes

The only way they will fix things is constantly pushing them.

It happened with Starfield.

Lipe
Adept I

I am receiving the error "Display driver amduw23g stopped responding and has successfully recovered" after installing the iGPU driver for the Ryzen 5 7600.

The screen keeps freezing, then goes black for a few seconds and returns to normal for a few seconds before repeating.

If I uninstall the driver using the AMD Cleanup Utility and use the default Windows driver, it works fine (I just can't change options like resolution or monitor Hz).

Does anyone know if this is a physical problem with the CPU? I bought it last week and installed it today. Or are the AMD drivers the problem?

0 Likes

I have the same problem with 8700G w/ 780M or even worst .... because I need power reset.

I saw first freez and black screen during adrenalin installation on fresh Windows 11. Somehow it was possible to finish installation ( many attempts  because of crashes) and now I occures from time to time in random places, during or after benchmark, sometimes Just right after login to windows.

Im ablecto play csgo2 for 2h and nothing and few minute after in windows pulpit it happening again

0 Likes
SynchronicUz
Journeyman III

I started to stutter in ALL the games after this update. Who can help me?

Or is there any way to find out the previous installed version of the drivers? Everything was fine on them.

Gigabyte RX7800XT. R7-7800X3D. 32 Gb RAM 6000 mHz. 1080P 180 Hz

0 Likes
getreaped
Journeyman III

this driver has issues when playing Ghost of Tsushima, I had to downgrade to 24.3.1 to play the game. I searched online and saw many others with the same issue. Please release a fix soon!Screenshot 2024-05-18 224419.png

Bro i got the same issue but with 24.3.1 xdddd crazy **bleep** 

0 Likes
Dragokar
Miniboss

So much toxicity and failure to understand why a monopoly is even worse than the current duopoly. Sure, things aren't perfect....on either sides, but this is just troll level and nothing else^^.

0 Likes

yeah bro let me just wait 2 more years so that my 1.5year old card can start working as it should've since day 1...which is... not crashing my entire pc when i want to use it

i'm so sorry, I will be better and just take it

mahfeels
Journeyman III

For the love of god please fix whatever is happening that causes both Fallout 3 and New Vegas to crash after watching the beginning cinematics. 

0 Likes
CayroMx4
Adept III

REMOVE DXNAVI!!!!!!

0 Likes
jmag1988
Adept II

Apparently I have had problems with the drivers again. I installed the 24.5.1 drivers and I started to have problems when playing War Thunder, when I was playing it went to the desktop but it didn't let me touch anything and a black rectangle remained at the top left of the screen and an error "the system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application" appeared. I went back to the 24.4.1 drivers and it happened again but at least without blocking and the error "the instruction at 0x00000 referenced memory at 0x00000. the memory could not be read", also it did not allow me to open Adrenalin. In the end I ended up reinstalling the 24.5.1 drivers but installing it from the factory, to see if that works better. Also to say that it only happens to me once, when I turn the PC off and on again it doesn't happen again all day, until I turn it on and play the next day.

0 Likes
2run79
Journeyman III

Hey my Fortnite crashes after the new Update. Some Fortnite Athena Crash info are only there.

Using 7800XT and 7800x3D

0 Likes

First of all, I would like to thank the software team for reminding me once again why I should never buy a laptop with an AMD graphics card. I also want to thank your hardware team for not making the integrated and discrete graphics cards with the same technology. After the update, the integrated graphics card on my laptop is practically useless. Now, I'm struggling to fix it. I wish you continued success.

0 Likes

They just love to bury their head in the sand.

Issues nah they'll go away.... right?