Drivers & Software

Luckyeongbo
Adept I

AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 23.5.1: Can't disable CPU overclocking

ASUS ROG G15 AE (G513QY)

AMD Software: 23.5.1

Bios 331

Beardeadbear_0-1677756003136.png

Has anyone encountered this problem or know how to solve it?

I have noticed that I have CPU Overclocked option automatically set in CPU Tuning Control and I can't disable it.

After switching it to Default and restarting laptop, it still shows CPU Overclocked.

I have tried using Display Driver Uninstaller and I tried installing the older version of the Adrenaline software but still having the problem.

plz help me

0 Likes
3 Solutions
rushhour
Adept I

You need RyzenMaster to do so. Just set it to default there or start over with curve optimizer to undervolt/overclock. 

As you can see in the screenshot below mine is set to default in Adrenaline. In RyzenMaster i've set it to Precision Boost to undervolt. 

Spoiler
Screenshot 2023-05-30 105229.pngScreenshot 2023-05-30 105954.png

View solution in original post

0 Likes
chastity
Adept I

I have the same issue, and you will note that the overclock shows as "0", meaning no overclock.  (It used to show 200)  I think a mistake was made in the current BIOS, or Asus disabled the OC.  On BIOS 331.

0 Likes

RyzenMaster doesn't work on our laptop, says incompatible.  Armoury Crate uses a subset of RM in their app to control the laptop, and if you update to current RM, you'll break the functionality, and have the fun of uninstalling RM using the Uninstall Troubleshooter in Windows to get it out.  Then reinstall AC to repair it.  (Been there, done that, have the t-shirt.)

7 Replies
rushhour
Adept I

You need RyzenMaster to do so. Just set it to default there or start over with curve optimizer to undervolt/overclock. 

As you can see in the screenshot below mine is set to default in Adrenaline. In RyzenMaster i've set it to Precision Boost to undervolt. 

Spoiler
Screenshot 2023-05-30 105229.pngScreenshot 2023-05-30 105954.png

0 Likes

RyzenMaster doesn't work on our laptop, says incompatible.  Armoury Crate uses a subset of RM in their app to control the laptop, and if you update to current RM, you'll break the functionality, and have the fun of uninstalling RM using the Uninstall Troubleshooter in Windows to get it out.  Then reinstall AC to repair it.  (Been there, done that, have the t-shirt.)

Fixed it with help from Reddit.

Rollback to version 22.11.2.

Thank you, I will do it.

I was browsing online for essay examples when I found this one Web Site where can I find free essay samples that will help me with my essay-writing assignments?
0 Likes
chastity
Adept I

I have the same issue, and you will note that the overclock shows as "0", meaning no overclock.  (It used to show 200)  I think a mistake was made in the current BIOS, or Asus disabled the OC.  On BIOS 331.

0 Likes

Fixed it with help from Reddit.

Rollback to version 22.11.2.

0 Likes
michaelmark003
Journeyman III

There have been reports of an issue with the AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 23.5.1 where users are unable to disable CPU overclocking. This means that even when attempting to revert the CPU back to its default clock speed, the changes are not taking effect. This issue may cause instability or undesirable performance effects for those who wish to disable or adjust their CPU overclocking settings.

If you are experiencing this problem, it is advisable to check for any available updates or patches from AMD to address this issue. Additionally, reaching out to AMD support or consulting relevant forums or communities dedicated to AMD software and hardware may provide further insights or potential workarounds to mitigate this problem. It's important to exercise caution when dealing with CPU overclocking, as improper settings or instability can lead to system damage or instability.

0 Likes