cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

dductt
Adept I

AMD drivers keep uninstalling itself

Hi, my monitor has been turning off randomly since Friday (Windows Update). However, when my monitor turns off, the RGB and fans of my PC still seems to work. Is there any fixes for this?
Here's some of the stuff I've tried:
DDU
Pausing Windows Updates
Reinstalling CMOS battery

Graphics Card: RX 570 8GB

25 Replies
hitbm47
Forerunner

Which CPU are you on?

I cannot use my newest AMD Ryzen 5 1600 CPU with my RX 480, because then the display driver becomes corrupt and Windows deactivates it. For this reason I have to either use my older FX 8350 or i7 870.

I have reported this for a year to AMD and it was still not fixed a month ago when I last tested it.

0 Likes

I’m using an FX 8370, been using it for around 2 years now.

0 Likes
benman2785
Big Boss

1. disable Win10 Auto Driver Updates
2. delete C:/AMD/WU-CCC2 folder
3. restart PC with DDU into safe mode
4. ONLY clean driver and restart (no other button pressed)
5. restart and install latest AMD driver

your problem is 1. and 2.

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS

did all of these except deleting the folder

the C:/AMD folder just deletes itself when the screen goes black and I restart my PC. Here’s an algorithm for it: (just incase)

1: Screen goes black (PC still on)

2: Restart PC

3: Drivers are uninstalled (the C:/AMD folder is 2 MB)

4: Reinstall drivers with Factory Reset option.

5: Run atikmdag patcher.

Did this atleast 20 times today.

0 Likes

I use BC Uninstaller for this reason.  When you uninstall drivers they leave some nasties in the registry.  BC Uninstaller lets you clear the registry of any leftovers.  

Also you might want to go to C:\Users\"your folder" (usually your login name)\AppData\and check in the folders Local and Roaming and see if something there is initiating the uninstall.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes

this works, I solved similar problem, thank you

Wolfchip Electronics Limited
https://www.wolfchip.com
0 Likes
dductt
Adept I

Hi, just an update on this.

Whenever my PC gets a black screen and I restart it, my GPU sometimes seems to be disabled and sometimes enabled. If it is disabled, I have to enable it and restart the PC for it to work once again.

Please let me know if you can help me with this.

(my driver is the latest version)

0 Likes

Try a clean install (download/save/ install/reset factory defaults).

But there is the possibility that some 3rd party software (or mobo Apps) have a conflict (they should be uninstalled also before).

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

did everything, still getting random blackscreens.

however, now it doesn’t disable the gpu, just blackscreens. and whenever i make something fullscreen, it goes black and whenever i take it off fullscreen, it comes back.

0 Likes

Maybe you should read and supply the 'Info......'  STICKY.

Might help someone to offer further suggestions.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

600W PSU

RX 570

16GB DDR3 Memory

AMD-Fx 8370 

GA-990FXA-UD5 (rev 3.0) Motherboard

0 Likes

Somewhat helps. but you forgot OS build/vers., and a lot more info (have reread of the sticky).

Then maybe someone can offer some suggestions ?

An old/garbage make psu is a good fail.

0 Likes

I can’t locate the sticky, can you please link it for me?

0 Likes

Seems the link is broken, or website broken.

Normally was part of sign up readme, and was displayed under header of each forum section.

pic of where i see it

header.JPG

0 Likes

Hello, has this been resolved? I have a similar issue, pc was working fine then screen froze (thought just a driver hang) but screen went black no response from keyboard, flip psu switch then back on, fans spin everything lights up except the gpu fans so flip switch then back on, everything starts booting normally except no driver installed, I did just switch from the minimal install to the full but this has happened before on another entirely different setup! 

Ryzen 3600
5700xt

gigabyte b450 

other pc

5900x

x570

5700xt

Noblekitty
Journeyman III

I'm having the exact same issue. I worked fine yesterday and today it is black screens every time I start a game either instant or after 5 minutes. I tried reinstalling drivers, clearing all with DDU etc. Nothing seems to help. Also deleted the most recent windows update to no avail.

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X Boxed

Gigabyte Aorus X570 ELITE

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 5700 XT

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT BLS2K16G4D32AE

Intel 660p 2TB

0 Likes

hey i dont know if it will work for you but you should try reinstall your drivers and try atikmdag patcher from sourceforge. thats what worked for me ! [:

0 Likes
drewster
Adept II

Seriously late reply here, but I understand you can do a group policy under windows to stop this from happening.

Windows key + R (to launch the Run dialog), type “gpedit.msc” and navigate to Computer Config -> Admin Templates -> Windows Components -> Windows Update, then enable the “Do not include drivers with Windows Updates” option:

My son as of date keeps having this problem.  hope this helps someone else

0 Likes
Aniss
Journeyman III

hello, i get this same exact problem and i have a Ryzen 7 3700x and a Radeon 5700xt do you or anyone know a fix its really time consuming please let me know asap

0 Likes

i tried your method and i think my drivers are intact for now but i did get a black screen or crash 5 minutes in any way to fix that 

0 Likes
F1Aussie
Adept I

I have had issues with the driver being disabled whilst gaming and crashing my whole system even though I have 2 monitors and use a different gpu for each. When I re-enabled it I then got an error message saying the was an issue with the driver so I had to reinstall it weekly for about 2 months. I read in a few spots to untick a box somewhere that disables amdwddmg. I did this 3 weeks ago and have not had the issue since, touchwood. 

Jesse1
Adept I

i have the same problem 6750 xt with 5700G  driver uninstalling by itself like 10 minutes in a game then it goes black restart and have to reinstall 

0 Likes
Jesse1
Adept I

anyway to update my cpu when i  enable primary boot device as gpu  in bios i have apu and gpu 

0 Likes
avaalbertreo
Journeyman III

Follow these steps for auto removal and thanks me later.

• disable Win10 Auto Driver Updates.
  • delete C:/AMD/WU-CCC2 folder.
  • restart PC with DDU into safe mode.
  • ONLY clean driver and restart (no other button pressed)
  • restart and install latest AMD driver.
0 Likes

These steps very useful. I have followed many times.