Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Beardeadbear
Journeyman III

AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 23.2.2: Can't disable CPU overclocking

ASUS ROG G15 AE

AMD Software: 23.2.2

Bios 320

Has anyone encountered this problem or know how to solve it?

I have noticed that I have CPU Overclocked option automatically set in CPU Tuning Control and I can't disable it.

Beardeadbear_0-1677756003136.png

After switching it to Default and restarting laptop, it still shows CPU Overclocked

6 Replies
VivaLaRobo
Journeyman III

I am having the exact same problem and would like an answer for this from AMD or someone who has fixed this. I have tried using Display Driver Uninstaller and I tried installing the older version of the Adrenaline software but still having the problem. 

0 Likes
mirich
Adept I

If you have OC done in in the BIOS you can't change anything in the Adrenalin software.

kushanu
Journeyman III

same I have  ryzen 5 5600X and I have the same problem, even if I restart it, it still says "overclocked"

0 Likes
Travisco
Adept I

a cmos reset might help. Maybe your motherboard has some kind of overclock which doesnt go away due to a bug. You can reset your cmos by taking the power of your computer, removing the battery on your motherboard and put it pack in 30 seconds later. It might help

0 Likes
darknalel
Journeyman III

I had this same problem of an overclock of zero and fixed it.  Driver reinstall, CMOS reset, nothing worked.  In BIOS under performance options, Precision Boost Overdrive Configuration was set to PBOhf2.  Changed it to Auto and it worked.  Changed it right back, but it let the removal of overclock stick. 

0 Likes
wk0189713
Journeyman III

I recommend to consult your laptop's manual for guidance on BIOS/UEFI settings and resetting them to default values. Make sure your laptop's BIOS/UEFI is up to date, and consider clearing the CMOS settings, following the manufacturer's instructions.

0 Likes