Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

hammerfest
Adept I

Re: AMD Ryzen Master 1.3.0.618 VBS Error

Ya, its pretty sad...

Not to mention the question on WHY this is AN ISSUE with versions AFTER v1.2, is NOT actually answered, I will make it easier and break it into two that only requires one to be answered:

Why does Ryzen Master v1.2.x with Ryzen 1st gen STILL work fine with VBS and Hyper-V (this is the issue BTW, the unanswered one).

What does Ryzen Master v1.3 and higher BREAK that disallows us to have a system that cant use Windows VBS?

Right now the WORKAROUND is, go to "a competitor" or stick to Ryzen Gen1 with Ryzen Master v1.2 (which again, is till working fine for me in Windows 10 1809 with VBS enabled an in use!), does AMD hate security that much seeing all the different things that VBS offer's (to plug Microsoft's already existing vulnerable platform, but still, its SOMETHING for security!)

Security AND Ryzen Master all thanks to the older version, is just a disappointing tag-line from AMD

slaithe
Adept I

After updating to Adrenaline 19.2.2 for my RX580, I could no longer OC my 1950X to 4GHz.  System freeze/hang on every try.  I've been using the old v 1.2.0.540 of Ryzen Master since I occasionally use Hyper-V.

So I finally upgraded to the latest version of Ryzen Master, configured everything and rebooted, saving a setting profile in my BIOS, uninstalling and reinstalling Hyper-V.  Sadly, I still cannot set the ceiling of my cpu to 4GHz.  Before, it would automatically still handle voltage accordingly.  I'm using an Enermax Liqtech TR II 360, so cooling is not an issue.  Furthermore, I leave my Windows Power Profile set to Balanced.  While I rarely see a core clock to 3.9GHz, most of the time the ceiling is 3.7GHz.

Ultimately, the greatest lament is not being able to run lastest Ryzen Master while Hyper-V is installed.  It's very silly to spend such great amounts on pro-sumer hardware and be limited in such a manner by Ryzen Master.

My MSI Pro Carbon AC motherboard came with some utility called Command Center, but it doesn't seem to actually apply any settings I attempt to test.  Are there any other Threadripper clocking utilities?

0 Likes
thornton
Adept II

1.5.3.902 didn't solve it...

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

I have noticed this thread is fairly idle.

Just curious, Ryzen Master is generally considered to be the best software to monitor your Ryzen Processor.  Since you can't install or activate Ryzen Master with Hyper-V activated, how do you all monitor the Ryzen Processor's temperatures and voltages? 

Has anyone found a Hardware monitoring 3rd party software that gives accurate Ryzen temperatures similar to Ryzen Master?

0 Likes
sharktooth
Elite

hwinfo is your friend. 

for temperatures look at the Tdie value

0 Likes
jeremyp
Adept I

Does anyone have a working link for 1.2? I've searched for a while and everything that pops up is either a download for a newer version or links right back to the AMD site for the latest version, and unlike most of their drivers, there's no link to older versions of RM on the AMD site.

0 Likes
idiocracy
Adept II

I am also looking for 1.2.0.540.

Someone must have that file archived somewhere, this is the internet after all.

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

I found three sites (one in French) that had downloads for that particular version of RM 1.2.0.540.

All three websites when I click to download I received the error "No File Found".

The only way, in my opinion, is if someone from this thread uploads a copy to a file sharing website so others can download it.

I have personally used File Sharing Website : Simple File Hosting - NoFile.io  which is free so far to use. It is a little bit slow but very useful.

You upload the files your want. You can even put a limited time span for downloading. Once the file is uploaded, the Website give you a link to download it automatically.

I have used it several times here at AMD Forums.

NOTE: My Anti-Virus and Browser security extensions (McAfee & WOT) shows no warnings for this website.

0 Likes
slaithe
Adept I

I got this from some "old versions" website last August 2018 and have used it without any discernable issue.  Scanning at virusscan.jotti.org shows nothing on 15 antivirus engines.

AMD-Ryzen-Master-for-AMD-Ryzen-Threadripper1.2.0.540.exe

MD5: c890e993b20db20b081b23f424c04322

SHA-1: 86ec829b31e2553096a0b30474d86f998d2f2484

http://www.mediafire.com/file/yb50lo41lfgfg7t/AMD-Ryzen-Master-for-AMD-Ryzen-Threadripper1.2.0.540.exe/file
https://depositfiles.com/files/q1jo19ohl
https://mega.nz/#!dg1DxQQY!2FaXMH_dWUEapsU8-3JxHXURN3HvZpZEn-I74mEMMGk
https://k2s.cc/file/672dd34beb6f4/AMD-Ryzen-Master-for-AMD-Ryzen-Threadripper1.2.0.540.exe

jottiryzenmaster.png

Currently, I just disabled Hyper-V, made my settings on latest Ryzen Master, rebooted to BIOS, saved a profile there, then booted back to Windows and enabled Hyper-V.  On the rare occasion I have a crash, my settings are defaulted to basic memory speed, so I'll just boot to BIOS and reload the profile then it's back to Windows for business as usual after momentarily confirming with HWinfo64 everything is where it should be.

I'd still prefer AMD would allow latest Ryzen Master to be run again while Hyper-V is enabled.
If it was some big security issue, that would be more acceptable, but we haven't heard anything to that effect.

elstaci
MVP

Just tested the first link, Media Fire, and it downloaded the version the other User wanted.

At least, now other Users can download the last version that worked with Hyper-V enabled. But it may not work for all Ryzen processors which may require a newer version.

0 Likes