cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

anduy0508
Journeyman III

AMD Ryzen 5 2500U + Vega 8 cannot detect HDMI monitor after update to recent AMD Radeon Driver

Hi!, I'm currently ran into some situation. If you guy can help me out. I will appreciate a lot.

I bought an Asus VivoBook X505ZA, equipped with AMD Ryzen 5 2500U APU with AMD Radeon Vega 8 Mobile Graphics. It's was a great laptop at a great value. But I have some issue, I wasn't sure if it is  hardware fault or the drivers issues. Hope you guy at the community can help me out.

About the driver, I have some output issue. With the factory driver, which mean the drivers that came off-the-shelf when I bought it, when I plug in to HDMI port, and Windows detected the external monitor perfectly, no manual configure is required, just PnP (the drivers no. are: 24.20.12002.3001 and it's was released in 2018). But when I updated to the recent AMD drivers (Drivers released in 2020). Windows nor Linux could detect the external monitor, but it is show that HDMI port is plugged on Linux, Windows? No clue, revert it back and it works fine. 

I don't know if you guy have encountered that problem. So if somebody have ran into this and solved the issued successfully , please inform me with the most detailed solution please!. Thank you very much. If you guy haven't encountered this one, by any means, please share across the community so this topic can be fix. Appreciate your time and effort.

I from Vietnam so the laptop is made for Asia market.

Laptop name: Asus VivoBook X505ZA

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2500U with Mobile Graphics Gfx 

RAM: 12GB of RAM

0 Likes
1 Reply
nacevedo
Adept II

I have the same problem since starting last year. I have to say, AMD support is a suck; and now, Window 10 doesn't allow to reverse to the previous driver so, we the people who have this chipset won't be able to do anything.