cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

sCorpionByte
Adept I

AMD RDNA 3 Driver Update for artifacts in emulation etc

Hello All - I know this is not a prio 1 topic but like me there are a lot of gamers using ROG Ally for Emulation. And there is a big artifact issue for which a driver update is needed .  Yuzu have already send the issue details to AMD. Any news if there will be a fix coming through ? 

13 Replies
LeLoT3
Adept I

Not only the Ally.  ANY GPU, that uses RDNA3.  So it affects more users than only Ally users.

I'm waiting for this!

sCorpionByte
Adept I

Yes, there is a big portion dealing with this issue and that too on the latest cards. hope someone from Dev team is working on this 

0 Likes
sCorpionByte
Adept I

Pinging for dev response

0 Likes
LeLoT3
Adept I

AMD is way behind schedule,  they don't even have drivers (not only GPU) for the Z1 Extreme

0 Likes
frontxehaust
Adept I

Still an issue: https://i.imgur.com/eHaK2lq.mp4

Flickering dark glitches on the ground in certain locations. This is a 7900 XT running Cemu 2.0-47. Accurate barriers on. The problem worsens as you increase render resolution and anisotropic filtering. This is at 4k and 16x anisotropic.

edit: Also worth mentioning these issues only appear under Vulkan, which is the main and recommended API for Yuzu and Cemu. Seems to be related to the previously fixed Vulkan issues with RDNA 3, like RDR2 water.

0 Likes

Still an issue with the September driver.

0 Likes

Still an issue with the December driver and the current Cemu 2.0 as well as the old v1.

0 Likes

Still having this exact issue with the April 2024 drivers. There are also similar Vulkan issues with the Ryujinx emulator. I think I'm done with checking up on this issue and with AMD graphics cards as well. They clearly have more issues with "niche" stuff like this which seemingly doesn't get the driver team's attention at all, and I do wanna use my computer for emulation.

0 Likes
Ludger
Journeyman III

Still an issue with the latest driver in October

0 Likes
LeLoT3
Adept I

The update they released in sep. or before (don't remember) fixed the glitches with Yuzu + Zelda TOTK

0 Likes

Didn’t fix it in Cemu though, still happens to me in Botw

0 Likes
cdoblas
Journeyman III

Still an issue with the latest driver in January on 7800XT.

0 Likes
thisemailisdead
Journeyman III

I don't know, if I'm doing something wrong, but I'm still seeing the same issues in yuzu. My drivers should all be up to date

0 Likes