cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

MORTARCOMEBACK
Journeyman III

AMD RadeonSoftware.exe Application Error (0xc0000022) and AMD dedicated GPU showing 0 usage

After Installing the AMD software: Adrenalin Edition Version 21.50, I get this error message I get on laptop Startup:

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022). Click OK to close the application.

Also, I noticed that my dedicated GPU is not working for games. It says 0% usage, barely any wattage, and 0 GPU memory usage on MSI burner and 0 to 0.1/16gb of GPU memory usage on Task Manger.

I am able to access  AMD software: Adrenalin Edition Version 21.50 and play around with settings.

This may have something to do with me uninstalling the original AMD Radeon software Version 11. something. before hand.

Specs: AMD 6900HS Mobile, AMD Radeon 6700s, AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics

6 Replies
MORTARCOMEBACK
Journeyman III

Update: After doing a fresh reset my laptop and reinstalling AMD adrenaline, the dedicated GPU now works again. But I still encounter this error - AMD RadeonSoftware.exe Application Error (0xc0000022).

lenyys4
Journeyman III

I have the same problem. Haven´t found solution yet

jacquelrose
Journeyman III

has anyone found a solution to this??

0 Likes
m66vaft
Journeyman III

I have been receiving the same pop-up application error whenever I turn on my HP Pavilion Windows 11 laptop.  It began when an online Microsoft "helper" installed "amd-software-adrenalin-edition-24.1.1-combined-minimalsetup-240122_web.exe"  I've attached two screen shots, one of the Details tab from the Adrenalin edition, and one of the pop-up I receive when I start the laptop.  Thanks for any assistance.  The display adapter is AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics.

Details screen for AMD Adrenalin edition.pngScreenshot 2024-02-29 070812.png

0 Likes
Askese
Journeyman III

Hey,

Got the same problem every time I log in. Quite a persistent little error. However, I didn't notice it causing a lot of problems, except being annoying yet.
For that reason I would still like it gone.
It happens everytime I install the AMD software. But I'm still able to open the AMD software without issues.
Got me scratching my head.

errorcode.png

0 Likes
m66vaft
Journeyman III

My similar problem was fixed using a solution provided by the Microsoft Community.  The solution was to uninstall and reinstall the Radeon software, as follows:

Step 1: Uninstall
1-Right-click on Start then click on Run
2-Type: Control panel and click on OK
3-Click on "Uninstall a program"
4-Search for the "AMD Radeon" in the list, right-click on that and select "Uninstall"
5-When finished, reboot your PC

Step 2: Download and install the "Auto-Detect and Install Driver Updates for AMD" from this link.
https://www.amd.com/en/support

After doing this, the pop-up error message stopped appearing.

0 Likes