cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

moxxy
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon Installer Error 1603

I've been having a problem after trying to update Radeon it wasn't working so I tried to reinstall Radeon to fix the problem now I cant even install it because of Error 1603 and I've tried about everything to fix it any help? 

0 Likes
5 Replies

Once you post your computer's Hardware and software information then I am sure someone will be able to assist you.

But for the AMD Error 1603 here is AMD official troubleshooting page: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-kb1603 

I would download and use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) with the internet DISCONNECTED and run it to remove all traces of your current AMD Driver from your computer

Delete the AMD Folder in the Root Directory C:\AMD if DDU didn't delete it. This is important to delete the previous AMD Driver installation folder.

With the internet still disconnected and after DDU boots back into Windows desktop run the downloaded full AMD Driver package from AMD Download site.

Once the AMD driver installs correctly, Reconnect the Internet again and delete again the created C:\AMD folder to save HDD/SSD space and to prevent future conflicts when installing AMD drivers.

Thanks for the help but every time i fix something i get more problems now

im getting error 186

0 Likes

Please post your computer Information as requested by AMD Forum rules. Thank you.

Did you follow my AMD Driver installation using DDU?

Also you need to download the FULL AMD driver package.

Here again is AMD explanation for Error 186: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-kb186 

NOTE: are you, by any chance, getting BSODs or your computer freezing? If you are it could be hardware issues such as RAM or HDD/SSD going bad.

yes i followed it step by step and now everytime i try to install i get

error 183

0 Likes

yes i followed it step by step but now everytime i try to download it it

says error 186

0 Likes