Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ChekDeb
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series code 52, AMD driver installation cause BSOD

Hello guys

I have a Sony Vaio Laptop purchased back in 2012. Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1.

Sony Laptop Series : SVE14A16FGH

Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3612QM CPU @ 2.10 GH

RAM : 4.00 GB

System Type : 64 bit-Operating System

Display Adapters =

1. Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

2. AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series (Engineering Sample - WDDM v1.20) (After checking with GPU-Z it showed HD 7670M Graphics)

After trying to update my AMD Graphic Driver through 3DP_Chip_v2407 to use an android emulator for windows, I Installed AMD software and then somehow I think it didn't work and then I uninstalled AMD through Program and Features. After that I realized my screen become yellowish and my AMD is gone when I right click with mouse, and in the bottom tray, instead of showing AMD icon, it shows Intel icon. Then I also tried to update my AMD graphic driver with DriverReviver software and update the graphic card driver and also some drivers. But I read that those driver updater could cause errors, so I tried installing back the AMD with some AMD drivers numerous times, but always become BSOD before finishing the installation. I have tried using DDU in safe mode and then try to install the AMD driver with :

1. non-whql-64bit-nieg-radeon-crimson-16.2.1-win10-win8.1-win7-feb27

2. non-whql-win8.1-win7-radeon-crimson-relive-16.2.1-sep20

3. whql-win8.1-win7-catalyst-15.7.1-oct30

but all of them resulted in BSOD.

When I try to check the AMD radeon driver properties, at first it showed code 43, after uninstalls and reinstalls now it showed "Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52) "   .

Can someone kindly and patiently help guide me in solving this? Because I don't know much about software and program at all, I just use google and youtube when trying to solve this, but still failed. Sorry if I late in replying to your reply because it could be because of different time zones.

Thank you very much.

0 Likes
7 Replies
FunkZ
Exemplar

I was going to suggest to go to Sony support and download the software directly from the manufacturer, however I found this page that indicates support for your SVE14A16FGH model (including file downloads) was terminated in 2021.

https://www.sony-asia.com/electronics/support/laptop-pc-sve-series/sve14a16fgh/articles/00188888

Your best option may be to use factory reset or recovery options available either pre-installed on your laptop or included media.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT

First I would stop using a Driver Updating app to update your driver on your laptop. Those programs have the problem of installing incompatible drivers causing all types of problems.

I would use your own Sony Updating app to do that or go straight to the Manufacturer and download it from their support site.

Here is the last AMD driver for the HD 7670M GPU card from AMD download page: https://www.amd.com/en/support/downloads/drivers.html/graphics/radeon-hd/radeon-hd-7000m-series/amd-...

You only have 2 choices to select - 2015 WQHL and 2016 BETA.

Went to Sony Vaio Support (Legacy) and your SVE 14A16FGH isn't listed for downloading drivers for your laptop: https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/laptop-pc-sve-series/downloads?models-num=110&models-sort=n...

Screenshot 2024-08-30 162358.png

Plus the SVE14A15FXW only shows for Windows 10 and 8.1.

It is best to use Sony's own OEM AMD Graphics Driver for your laptop since it is 100% compatible and will use all of your laptop's graphics features whereas AMD Mobile Graphics driver is basically a Basic Graphics driver and might not be fully compatible with all of your laptop's features.

To make sure the AMD Mobile driver works correctly you must have the latest Intel Graphics, Chipset, and BIOS version installed on your laptop and Windows 7 fully updated via Windows Update.

EDIT: have you tried a Windows Restore point back to the point before you originally uninstalled the AMD driver?

I suggest from now on you do a System Backup of your Laptop to an external SSD/HDD drive. That way if something like what occurred happens again you can restore your laptop back to the way it was when you did a System Backup.

I use Windows 10/11 Windows Backup that still uses Windows 7 to do a System Backup plus Macrium System Backup App.

Hello Elstaci.

Thank you very much for your reply, I really appreciate it.

First I would stop using a Driver Updating app to update your driver on your laptop.
->Yeah, I agree, I learned that the hard way, hahaha...

I went to the Sony website and have tried installing those 7670M drivers, legacy, 2015 WHQL, 2016 beta, but after installing for a while, always immediately become BSOD.

To make sure the AMD Mobile driver works correctly you must have the latest Intel Graphics, Chipset, and BIOS version installed on your laptop and Windows 7 fully updated via Windows Update.
-> I think I will try to update ALL the drivers via open Device Manager, right click all the drivers one by one and update them via windows with internet. After that try to DDU once more and then reinstalled the WHQL again.

FYI, what I did were :
1. Installed DDU ver 18.xxxx
2. Update all updates in Windows Update
3. Boot safe mode and run DDU with prevent-windows-update box ticked (automatically btw)
4. Click the first choice in DDU "Clean and Restart" if I am not mistaken.
5. After the restart, without internet connected, in normal mode, open WHQL 15 from Sony, after the agree page, install, BSOD happened with Bad_Pool_Caller titles.
6. Another info is that because Driver Reviver software did create a recovery point, I have rolled back to before updating all my drivers with DriverReviver, prior to doing those step 1 to 5 in the above.

EDIT: have you tried a Windows Restore point back to the point before you originally uninstalled the AMD driver?
-> Now this is what I am curious about this, FunkZ also said this part, does Windows Restore is same with Windows Recovery? I did create a recovery point but AFTER the AMD driver problem happened.
Is there any chance there is a recovery point that I could access to a time before I uninstalled my original AMD driver through Program and Features page ?

I suggest from now on you do a System Backup of your Laptop to an external SSD/HDD drive. That way if something like what occurred happens again you can restore your laptop back to the way it was when you did a System Backup.
-> I have moved all my private files to my ext HDD already for safety, but I don't know how to do a System Backup though, I only know how to create a recovery point in windows by typing Create Recovery Point in windows start up menu and then click create and restore them after BSOD happened through Recovery menu in Control Panel.

Thank you very much for taking your time to reply to me Elstaci. I really appreciate it.

0 Likes

Here is an update.

I have done and experienced :

1. Opened Device Manager

2. Right clicked each driver

3. All up to date and then found there was an update for my Realtek High Definition Audio by clicking "Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software".

4. Updated, restarted, then error said driver is not compatible.

5. Done Recovery/Restore

6. Back to square one and now I know that option is also not good.

Now I have made a System Backup through Backup and Restore page and stored them on my ext HDD

I'll try one last 2012 driver installer that I found from browsing the internet before last option of doing a factory reset.

Sorry to hear that you still have the still problems as before.

First, have you tried Sony Diagnostics app or website to diagnose your laptop to see if it detects any defective hardware or problems with your software/drivers?

Also Sony should have a Driver updating app installed. Ask Sony Support about it. Most laptop's has its own updating app included.

A System Backup involves not only backing all the software and Windows OS but its partitions also. There are several free programs that you can use to backup your laptop besides Windows System Backup.

Most laptop's have a RECOVERY option that installs all the original Windows, Sony, and 3rd party apps that came with the laptop when you first purchased it.

The Recovery option can be a Recovery Disc or a Sony App that initiates Recovery of your laptop. You may need to purchase the Recovery Disc from Sony Support if you don't have a Recovery option in your laptop.

If after doing the full Recovery of your laptop and you still have the same issue that would indicate a hardware issue and not a software/driver issue.

Hello again Elstaci

Thank you very much for your reply again and your concern, I really appreciate them.

The update :

I have downloaded the 2012 driver, but it is actually an Intel driver? And I don't know how to use as I don't see any installer named AMD. I have attached screenshot of it. It is not from Sony website by the way. 

The website stated " If you could not find the exact driver for your hardware device or you aren't sure which driver is right one, we have a program that will detect your hardware specifications and identify the correct driver for your needs. Please click here to download"

I clicked and the result was couldn't find the requested thing.

I have tried chkdsk, sfc, mdsched.exe but all result said have no problem, and yesterday I have done running Vaio Care software disk defragmenter, registry defragmenter, disk cleaner.

There is an option called Restore and Recovery from Advanced Tools in Vaoi Care. In there, there is choice of "Reinstall Applications and Drivers", the description is "Reinstall the original, factory-installed VAIO programs, software, and drivers", then I thought wow, this must be the solution, when I clicked it, dialogue box opened and said "You need to install VAIO Care Recovery to activate the reinstall an application or driver function. Would you like to download and install it from VAIO update?" I chose OK and opened the page and it said no automatic update program are available and no manual update program are available, I have tried to refresh them, but same result. Somehow it opened Internet Explorer with http://(not https btw)extra.sony,asia.com/vaio/updatexxxx and then it said an error occured while processing your request. I have tried copy paste in Mozilla Firefox and same result.

Then I tried Diagnostics menu from Advanced Tools, it said "check the performance of your xxx and video driver", but it actually only checked by changing the screen colors and said ok.

I googled Sony Diagnostic and Sony Diagnostic Website, but results were telling me to open VAIO Care and run Diagnostics menu which I have done.

For Recovery, I have tried to check it but I couldn't find a recovery point besides those that I have created by my own.

Bummer. At this point nothing worked anymore. I am ready to do a factory reset anytime now, but I guess I'll do it 3 days after today.

Thank you very much for all the great inputs Elstaci!

Screenshot_20240902_140108_Samsung Internet.png

ChekDeb
Journeyman III

Hello FunkZ.

I have posted 3 times my reply to you but I keep not seeing them in here, weird, but here it is =

Thank you very much for your reply, I really appreciate it.

Yeah, I went to Sony website and checked that the SVE14A16FGH model (including file downloads) was not supported anymore, bummer.

Your best option may be to use factory reset or recovery options available either pre-installed on your laptop or included media. 

-> Maybe now my option is just a factory reset or is there a recovery point installed unknown to me in my laptop before I uninstalled my AMD Driver through Program and Feature page?

Thank you very much for taking your time to answer my question FunkZ. I really appreciate it.

0 Likes