cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

RussianRonin
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon Driver for 7900x CPU Integrated Driver Memory Leak

I had a strange issue where I would notice my computers memory start to go up and up and up over the span of days and weeks and it would not go down. I started using some software tools to diagnose the memory usage and saw that there was a large amount of memory inside of RamMap in the Unused Active column. It would increase every time I opened my browser by a few MB. I then booted into safe mode and could not see the same behavior. I then started up autoruns to go process by process and service by service and narrowed it down to the amd kernel mode radeon driver service. I updated my drivers to the latest (24.3.1) for the integrated GPU and the same issue was happening. I then uninstalled the driver using DDU and the issue disappeared. Below is a picture of RamMap and you can see that my active unused is at 1.5G. Every time I would open chrome, it would go up by a few MB each time and not release.

RussianRonin_0-1712197902495.png

My specs:
MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk Wifi, 7900x CPU, 32 GB Corsair 5600 RAM, Nvidia 4070 GPU

Let me know if you need any other info.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Qoojo
Miniboss

Here is a thread already talking about it. Seems like it should be fixed already, but not even sure if AMD is aware of it.

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/memory-leak-on-zen4/m-p/662281#M187642

0 Likes