cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

missMoshie
Adept I

Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7800 XT - no HDR available

I had been using an ASUS VG27W monitor with my previous AMD card (5700 xt, I think) for a few months with no issues, the HDR worked fine. I swapped in a 7800 XT recently and Windows no longer recognizes it as an HDR monitor. I can't enable it through the OSD either because it's greyed out, it has to be software enabled only. I went through all of the "official" AMD support guides to enable HDR and talked to ASUS support about my monitor where we did a bunch of other troubleshooting. I connected the monitor to a laptop with a NVIDIA card and HDR worked normally so I'm fairly certain this is an issue with AMD drivers somehow?

tl;dr - HDR worked with previous GPU but not with my 7800XT, help?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Ok cool, someone replied with some like level 1 troubleshooting advice and now nobody else will help because it already has replies. Nice. Love the internet.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
vyacheslav
Adept I

https://www.asus.com/ru/displays-desktops/monitors/tuf-gaming/tuf-gaming-vg27wq/helpdesk_download?mo...

The issue is that the video driver cannot find information from the monitor's color profile - because the monitor driver is removed or not installed in the system. Try the following steps using screenshots of my monitor as an example - it always helps me (despite the different language everything is intuitive).
1. Download the driver for the monitor of your brand or neighboring brand name on the website of your monitor manufacturer https://www.asus.com/ru/displays-desktops/monitors/tuf-gaming/tuf-gaming-vg27wq/helpdesk_download?mo... . Снимок экрана 2024-04-02 131010.png
2. Through Device Manager, manually update the driver for your monitor - specify the downloaded folder, having previously unzipped it in any archiver. Снимок экрана 2024-04-02 131011.pngСнимок экрана 2024-04-02 131112.png
3. In Settings/System/Display, select Advanced Display Options. Снимок экрана 2024-04-02 132604.png
4. In the window that opens - select Video Adapter Properties for Display 1. Снимок экрана 2024-04-02 132617.png
5. In the next window, select Color Management. Снимок экрана 2024-04-02 132633.png

6. In the device column, select your screen and click Add. Find the profile for your monitor (usually with a similar name) and select it. After the profile will be applied and the video driver of the card will read it and define HDR parameters. Снимок экрана 2024-04-02 132654.png

0 Likes

Sorry, I should have mentioned that the monitor is not using generic PnP drivers. I'm using the proper drivers as provided by the manufacturer and this was verified when I was working with their support team.

0 Likes

Ok cool, someone replied with some like level 1 troubleshooting advice and now nobody else will help because it already has replies. Nice. Love the internet.

0 Likes