cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jptosa
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon 5600XT - HDMI audio works only in stereo mode, Dolby Atmos cannot be choosed

Hello,

I've problem with obtaining Dolby Atmos sound on 5600XT card. There is no way to receive Dolby Atmos sound by my graphics card on the TV.

The Atmos work on my laptop (with Intel GPU) but doesn't work on PC with AMD GPU. I'm sure about HDMI cables ability (high speed HDMI 2.0 cables) and tv settings. I tested the audio on various cables, the issue is the same. There is no problem with video - it works with Freesync on UHD 120 Hz and different modes works too.

There is no way to obtain Atmos sound, it looks like the connection is being broken for a little moment when I'm trying to change the audio format in audio configuration window:

3.png

Any attempts to change audio mode from stereo to Dolby Atmos ends unsuccesful because of error "something went wrong while trying to turn on spatial sound". I mean about changing the options in Windows settings (audio confgiuration window). I even did reinstall my Windows to deal with that problem but nothing changed, problem remains unresolved.

I'm attaching photos from audio configuration windows.

2.png4a.png4b.png4c.png4d.png4e.png1.png

Any attempt to change format to Dolby Atmos results unsuccessful.

I'm using WHQL-AMD-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-22.11.2-Win10-Win11-Dec8 driver. The TV is Philips PUS9206.

I've hope that is there solution to resolve this problem.

Thank you for anwser, Jakub

0 Likes
0 Replies