cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

AMD Radeon 530 Yellow Symbol in Device Manager

AMD Radeon 530 shows "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (code 43)" in its properties in the device manager. 

I have tried many solutions found on the internet such as upgrading & downgrading BIOS, installing new & old versions of AMD driver (from official AMD auto-detect, from Dell official site, as well as driver pack solution), updating the windows version as well as installing completely fresh installation of Windows 10.

My laptop model is Dell Inspiron 5570. 

The weird thing I found is that when I let windows install the driver itself, it installs AMD Radeon R7 M460 driver but when I install it from AMD or Dell site it installs AMD Radeon 530 driver.

It works without error but it was giving frequent BSOD related to graphics. But today it was black screen, the mouse was also not powered. When I disabled the amd driver in safe mode, laptop started perfeclty without any problem.

Here's the screenshot - 

device manager.PNG

I have currently disabled it to avoid BSOD.

amd 530.PNG

0 Likes
7 Replies

Here is  Dell Download site for your laptop Model: https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-ae/product-support/product/inspiron-15-5570-laptop/drivers

For the AMD530 GPU card to work correctly Windows must be fully updated via Windows Update but more importantly the Intel Graphics driver must be the latest version including the CHIPSET and BIOS.

Screenshot 2021-08-19 104255.png

I would update all the Intel drivers on your laptop.

0 Likes

Thank you for the reply. I have updated all my driver's including Intel as well as windows version.

I have also used Dell Support Assistant app to verify it.

Okay try running Dell Diagnostics on your laptop to rule out any hardware or software issues: https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-ae/product-support/product/inspiron-15-5570-laptop/diagnose

Also when you install the AMD Driver use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to remove the current AMD Driver from your laptop with the internet disconnected and AMD Installation folder at C:\AMD deleted and then install the full DELL AMD driver package and see if the yellow flag is fixed.

0 Likes

I have run diagnosis with Dell Support Assistant app as well as Dell diagnosis when laptop turns on (maybe BIOS diagnosis function?). But none of them showed any problem or error, it says everything is good.

0 Likes

Okay then use DDU to remove the current Dell AMD Driver before installing the latest Dell AMD Driver. See if that fixes the Yellow Exclamation mark in Device Manager.

If not and you updated the laptop with the latest BIOS version I suggest you open a Dell Support Ticket and see what they suggest.

Sounds to me like a conflict with the AMD driver during installation.

This tech website give some good troubleshooting tips on error 43 for graphics driver. Just avoid the "recommended" software to fix the issue: https://appuals.com/error-code-43-with-amd-radeon-gpu/

0 Likes

Yes, I have used DDU in safe mode to uninstall AMD driver but still not worked. I had visited the website you provided the link of.

I had also used Atikmdag Patcher suggested by some website & youtube to patch driver, but that also didn't solve it.

I have the latest BIOS version & drivers. I also had tried downgrading the BIOS version to see it it works, but it didn't.

And I tried contacting Dell Support on WhatsApp but it said that my warranty is expired so they can't help. Maybe I need to ask to Dell community similar like this AMD community, but I thought that the problem is with AMD so I started here.

0 Likes

I believe that is a very good idea in posting at Dell Forums.  Many time Dell employees assist Users there besides other Users assisting each other like here at AMD Forums.

I noticed that Dell Tech Support does have support for Out-Of-Warranty hardware: https://www.dell.com/en-us/lp/fixyourpc?ref=cpcl_homepcservices-webpart-5-item20_cta_secondary_outof...

It is beginning to sound like a hardware issue possibly a defective GPU card or motherboard.