cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kevvy_x
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon 520 Graphics Card Issue: Driver Timeout, Weird Glitch Effect, Game Crashes etc.

Hi there, I am in need of some assistance.

I have a Dell Inspirion Laptop, and it's about 3 years old now. It has a Radeon 520 graphics card, and an Intel UHD Graphics 620. I have also added some RAM, making the total 12 GB. A few months ago, I had been gaming as usual and went out for the weekend. When I returned to play some games on the Monday, something strange had happened. Whenever I launched a game, there would be a weird, pixelated black line going from the bottom left to the top right of my screen. Every single game I tried, this problem occurred and it would crash. There would then be a pop up from the AMD app saying that there had been a driver timeout. I have tried everything I can think of to try and fix this issue for months now. Reinstalling drivers, resetting PC, etc. Someone please help me. I have disabled the device on the device manager, and this allows me to play games, but I have to use much lower settings, and it does not run as smoothly as before. I would really like my laptop to return to it's full potential, and any suggestions would be welcome. I can provide screenshots if necessary. 

Thank you.

0 Likes
0 Replies