cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

CayroMx4
Adept III

AMD please remove DXNAVI

Stutters are unimaginable. Even disabling dxnavi on drivers 23.10.2 causes the game to continue to stutter. On 24.5.1 it is unplayable! 
Users who have the same problem please write a post so that AMD will see the scale of the problem.

11 Replies
Pinkie_Pie
Adept I

No stuttering over here, but please do adress the stuttering, i see lots of reports of this, this cannot just be due upgrading driver monthly, maybe in the first day of a new driver i may ignore it, but my self i do not even experience stutter usually even upon a new driver, the only case i see stuttering is when even YouTubers mention the problem.

I do not think going backwards is solution, i personally have found some shader issues in games, but those aren't stuttering related, however it may cause shader compiling to run non stop in some games.

The issue i have found is exposed using flash light for example on textures and some textures do not respond to light at all, the best example is Hogwarts legacy.

stukad
Adept I

DayZ used to be unplayable for me on my 6700XT. I would get crazy high FPS in wooded areas, above 300 FPS, but as soon as I was in a city or even came close to a city/smaller town my FPS would start to tank, hitting as low as 50 FPS making the game an unplayable stuttery mess. After disabling DXNAVI I'm now running DayZ at a stable 120 FPS which means that DXNAVI is the main culprit. Disabling DXNAVI on any 24.x.x. driver has no beneficial effects (I've tested) on DayZ and the game plays like crap. So I'm currently using driver 23.11.1 with DXNAVI disabled.

Whatever DXNAVI is supposed to do it causes performance issues of epic proportions in many games. Many users have vented their frustration on this forum (as well as many other places) about their AMD card not performing well while playing DayZ.

In my case, disabling DXNAVI fixed the problem with GPU usage but I still have large stutters. I'm using 23.10.2 drivers and in other games the stutters are not as noticeable as in dayz.

0 Likes
uncyler825
Adept III

Starting from Adrenalin 24.x.x version, you cannot disable DXNAVI by modifying the registry. Because the legacy DirectX 11 UMD files have been removed. Now, you can use AnWave to bring back legacy DirectX 11 UMD files, and disable DXNAVI on RDNA2 or earlier architecture products.

[HOW-TO] Install Legacy DX11 driver into Adrenalin 24.x.x, Rollback to previous DirectX 11 UMD versi...

I still have small microstutters in games such as Rainbow Six Siege, DayZ, Dead by daylight. Is there anything I can do about it?

0 Likes

Thank you very much.

This AnWave Software method  has fixed the issues I had with Sekiro and some other single player DX11 games on Arenaline 24.5.1.

And regarding this issue, there is something that I've noticed however before and after the fix with Sekiro. Before the fix, loading times were short ,but the game would stutter like crazy . After the fix , the loading times were longer, but the game is smooth now .

My assumption (which may be false)  is that these dxnavi optimizations were made for some latest DX11 games that require multi-threaded optimization for the purpose asynchronous shader cache , so it may have fixed the issues with such games (mostly open world), it completely ruined it for older DX11 games that compile shaders at the loading screens.

Again, this is just my observation , maybe it is just AMD drivers being AMD drivers ...

0 Likes
mobbie
Adept I

Dayz still has issues on AMD gpus  i have 7900 xtx any towns I drop to 50-80 fps and big bases am at 30 fps in open areas am at locked 165

0 Likes
CayroMx4
Adept III

Is there a Linux user here who can tell me if this problem also occurs on Linux?

0 Likes

Linux works fine. Consistent fps in forests and cities.

Using debian testing, R7 7700X and RX6800 (non xt).

0 Likes

Did you noticed any stuttering?

0 Likes
finntux
Journeyman III

In my eyes game looks smooth. I have 27" 144MHz freesync monitor.

Head torch or other light source drop fps a bit but it happens also in windows.

0 Likes