cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

CayroMx4
Elite

AMD please remove DXNAVI

Stutters are unimaginable. Even disabling dxnavi on drivers 23.10.2 causes the game to continue to stutter. On 24.5.1 it is unplayable! 
Users who have the same problem please write a post so that AMD will see the scale of the problem.

32 Replies
Pinkie_Pie
Adept I

No stuttering over here, but please do adress the stuttering, i see lots of reports of this, this cannot just be due upgrading driver monthly, maybe in the first day of a new driver i may ignore it, but my self i do not even experience stutter usually even upon a new driver, the only case i see stuttering is when even YouTubers mention the problem.

I do not think going backwards is solution, i personally have found some shader issues in games, but those aren't stuttering related, however it may cause shader compiling to run non stop in some games.

The issue i have found is exposed using flash light for example on textures and some textures do not respond to light at all, the best example is Hogwarts legacy.

Could you try some Dx11 games? I think its isolated to older versions of Direct X. 

0 Likes
stukad
Adept I

DayZ used to be unplayable for me on my 6700XT. I would get crazy high FPS in wooded areas, above 300 FPS, but as soon as I was in a city or even came close to a city/smaller town my FPS would start to tank, hitting as low as 50 FPS making the game an unplayable stuttery mess. After disabling DXNAVI I'm now running DayZ at a stable 120 FPS which means that DXNAVI is the main culprit. Disabling DXNAVI on any 24.x.x. driver has no beneficial effects (I've tested) on DayZ and the game plays like crap. So I'm currently using driver 23.11.1 with DXNAVI disabled.

Whatever DXNAVI is supposed to do it causes performance issues of epic proportions in many games. Many users have vented their frustration on this forum (as well as many other places) about their AMD card not performing well while playing DayZ.

In my case, disabling DXNAVI fixed the problem with GPU usage but I still have large stutters. I'm using 23.10.2 drivers and in other games the stutters are not as noticeable as in dayz.

0 Likes
uncyler825
Adept III

Starting from Adrenalin 24.x.x version, you cannot disable DXNAVI by modifying the registry. Because the legacy DirectX 11 UMD files have been removed. Now, you can use AnWave to bring back legacy DirectX 11 UMD files, and disable DXNAVI on RDNA2 or earlier architecture products.

[HOW-TO] Install Legacy DX11 driver into Adrenalin 24.x.x, Rollback to previous DirectX 11 UMD versi...

I still have small microstutters in games such as Rainbow Six Siege, DayZ, Dead by daylight. Is there anything I can do about it?

0 Likes

Thank you very much.

This AnWave Software method  has fixed the issues I had with Sekiro and some other single player DX11 games on Arenaline 24.5.1.

And regarding this issue, there is something that I've noticed however before and after the fix with Sekiro. Before the fix, loading times were short ,but the game would stutter like crazy . After the fix , the loading times were longer, but the game is smooth now .

My assumption (which may be false)  is that these dxnavi optimizations were made for some latest DX11 games that require multi-threaded optimization for the purpose asynchronous shader cache , so it may have fixed the issues with such games (mostly open world), it completely ruined it for older DX11 games that compile shaders at the loading screens.

Again, this is just my observation , maybe it is just AMD drivers being AMD drivers ...

0 Likes
mobbie
Adept I

Dayz still has issues on AMD gpus  i have 7900 xtx any towns I drop to 50-80 fps and big bases am at 30 fps in open areas am at locked 165

0 Likes
CayroMx4
Elite

Is there a Linux user here who can tell me if this problem also occurs on Linux?

Linux works fine. Consistent fps in forests and cities.

Using debian testing, R7 7700X and RX6800 (non xt).

Did you noticed any stuttering?

0 Likes
finntux
Journeyman III

In my eyes game looks smooth. I have 27" 144MHz freesync monitor.

Head torch or other light source drop fps a bit but it happens also in windows.

0 Likes
OverRide0x01
Adept I

Yes. Same issue here. The only game I play is DayZ and it is now unplayable. FPS is all over the place (Stuttering) and GPU utilization is usually around 40%. Fans are quite, temperatures are low.

Hopefully AMD can provide a solution soon.

0 Likes
EZDanilo
Journeyman III

Use the link mentioned: https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/anwave-2024-amd-radeon-software-customize-setup-advanced-cleanup-u...

That fixed DayZ for me. My 6950XT now performs as it should. 99% GPU utilization and just a smooth experience. 

0 Likes

Unfortunately with DXNAVI disabled some games lose performance. 

0 Likes

I have reported this issue to AMD many times. But AMD still hasn't solved the RDNA2 stuttering issue on some DX11 games.

Yes. If disable DXNAVI. Then it will affect the performance of DX11. But at least it is playable.

0 Likes

Using this tool u can effectively manage to switch it on and off. Simple as that. 

0 Likes

I remember that I could only switch during the installation. After that I didn't have such an option, but maybe I missed something.

0 Likes

Okay now I see that I can switch. But after turning off DXNAVI my GPU usage is still not stable in DayZ. It's better but still sometimes drops from 99% to 70-80% in cities.

0 Likes

Guessing that depends on the game and your settings. I run on HIGH preset and my card seems to run on full speed.

0 Likes

I also have high settings. They need to fix it because disabling DXNAVI sometimes degrades performance. Why RTX 3060 has 40-60% higher performance than RX 6600 in DayZ?

Yeah. Went to NWA and indeed you are right. The GPU doesn't run at full strength somehow. Still an improvement though and makes the game playable for me.

0 Likes

You can try this AFMF2 Preview driver. In this version, the stuttering problem of Assassin's Creed Origins is solved. I played it for more than 4 hours without stuttering.

RN-RAD-WIN-AFMF2-TECH-Preview (amd.com)

If this preview driver solves the DayZ stuttering problem, please report the results, thank you very much.

0 Likes

If anyone can test this, I'd appreciate it.
I'm tired of installing different driver versions to try and play this game.

Performed a quick test on an official DayZ Chernarus server. Radeon 7600 GPU, 1080p@144hz, freesync, all performance settings(Anit lag, chill, afmf, etc) disabled.

The good: The game runs smoother and looks better than I have ever seen it. I discovered DayZ in December 2023 - Have been playing with this problem since day one so seeing little to no stutter is like getting a huge upgrade right now.

The bad: Still low GPU utilization in towns/cities or looking at towns/cities. But much smoother and only "some" stutter.

Note: I messed with AFMF2 with Chill for a few minutes. This might artificially fix the problem when in towns, but still does not look as smooth when in the woods without AFMF.

Note: I am comparing this to version 23.11.1 drivers - These drivers work the best so far for my setup, but still have the low GPU FPS in town issue, with WAY less stutter than 24.7.1.

Fingers crossed the town/city slow down/bottleneck can be resolved...

For me AFMF 2 doesn't help in cities. Still low GPU usage.

I will take accurate benchmarksk and let you know. I focused on the use of the gpu

I noted a few stutters in the 15-minute gameplay. Stuttering occurs every few minutes. RX 6600 + R5 5600G.

0 Likes
OverRide0x01
Adept I

Just checking in on this issue. Any progress from AMD?

Unfortunately none of the DXNAVI work arounds work with my card.

I have temporarily switched to Linux to play DayZ. Can confirm it runs super smooth in cities on Linux. 100+ fps and near full GPU utilization.

Would rather not dual boot to play a game. Eventually I'll have to switch out my GPU to the other brand.

oh nice, will try that. what distro do you use?

and are you using a custom launcher for it? been looking in to launchers for custom servers with mods. im a noob on linux so it seems abit complicated

0 Likes

I went with Debian. Used DZGUI as a launcher.

AcridOutcast
Journeyman III

Can we please get a fix for this. I upgraded from a 3060ti to 7800xt and lost 60 fps on Valorant... This seems like the most promising fix, or just fix the drivers for dx11 games, its not like most games out there run on dx12. 

0 Likes