Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

stielar
Journeyman III

AMD drivers make my m2 nvme ssd not be detected by windows

Issue:
- I've bought 2 nvme m2 ssds the last couple of weeks and still haven't been able to use either of them properly.
- I bought first a Kingston KC3000 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB SSD. The ssd was recognized in the bios but in Windows it would either not get detected or I would get an error message saying "Error 0x800701B1: A device which does not exist was specified. If I tried to format it, it wouldn't let me do so.
- Actions that me and the technician I took it to tried to fix the problem: bios update, enabled CSM compatibility in bios, reset bios to default settings
- I returned the ssd thinking it was faulty, and got myself the Firecuda 530 M.2 Nvme SSD 2TB.
- The issue persists, now when I try to access a file or copy a file from  / to the SSD, I get the error message: "D:\Temp is not accesible. A device which does not exist was specified."
- The SSD only worked when I made a fresh install of Windows, and it was working normally up to the point when I installed Adrenalin (or PRO Edition as it's now called) with all the AMD drivers.
- After the drivers were installed the issue re-appeared.

Any idea which specific driver might be the one causing the issue and what to do to correct this? I found this case, with lots of people having some issue with an AMD RAID driver but it doesn't seem to apply to my issue, as I only have 1 M.2 ssd and in the drivers for Storage Controllers I don't see any AMD ones. So what drivers might be responsible for this? Any thoughts?

standard nvme controller.JPG

System:
Motherboard: ASUS B550 Plus Wifi II
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
RAM: 32MB RAM Gskill
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900XT
PSU: Be Quiet Straight Power 11 850W Full Modular 80 Plus Platinum
Storage 1: Crucial 512GB SATA SSD
Storage 2: Firecuda 530 M.2 Nvme SSD 2TB

0 Likes
2 Replies
stielar
Journeyman III

Sad to see no replies

I'd like to post an update. When the issue took place, I was connecting my PC  to the TV (I'm using a 4k TV as a monitor) through an hdmi cable from the hdmi port on my GPU. Now I tried something else, I connected them through the GPUs display port via a display port to hdmi cable and now the SSD is working.

It appears that the HDMI port is the culprit here, but does anyone have any suggestions as to why this might be? Is there something I can do? I need the hdmi port, because my TV doesn't have a display port input so I can't get 120HZ from the display port via the cable DP->HDMI.

Any advice would be welcome.

0 Likes
stielar
Journeyman III

I'm sorry, ignore my previous comment, my SSD keeps not working normally.

0 Likes