Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

hassaanjamil2002
Journeyman III

Amd drivers crash while surfing windows 11

Hi,

I have recently installed my rx 560 4gb into a newer machine and installed windows 11. I have not used this GPU with windows 11 before, so I dont know how it works or anything. Recently, after installing the windows and installing latest amd rx 500 series drivers, I have been experiencing crashes while opening apps and just surfing the windows. The crash never occurs while playing games or doing high load activities. It only happens when I use windows. The crashes have increased dramatically while using discord and Netflix. I have tried reinstalling drivers using amd clean up utility, but nothing has helped.

I also noticed that windows had installed another driver with my normal amd drivers earlier but I uninstalled both of them and then reinstalled amd ones and disabled updates.

If anyone can help with the problem, I'll be forever thankful. 

2 Replies
radu1006
Adept III

If you are using driver 24.1.1, just uninstall them with DDU and install 23.12.1.

That will fix it until AMD resolves the latest drivers. Pretty much all AMD video cards crash with the new drivers.

0 Likes

Please post the exact error messages you were receiving when your PC crashes including your PC Hardware information like Make & Model of your Motherboard, CPU, GPU, and RAM and PSU plus Windows and AMD driver versions and Motherboard BIOS version installed.

NOTE: If possible upload an screenshot of GPU-Z of your GPU card with the AMD driver installed.

0 Likes