Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

v1rus22
Journeyman III

Amd Driver Timeout Detected RX 7900 XTX

Hi

I have a problem with the drivers. A month ago, I bought a Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ with a Corsair RMx Shift 850 watt power supply and the graphics card lasted 2 weeks before having problems with Timeout Detected.

I tried removing the drivers (with Uninstall Display Driver) and reinstalling them but the problem persisted. So, I contacted the Sapphire after-sales service who told me that the graphics card probably had a problem, so to send it to the after-sales service for an exchange. In the meantime, I formatted my pc and did a clean install.

Today, I received the new graphics card and still the same problem (and in addition, I changed the power supply for a Seasonic TX-1300 ATX 3.0 to be certain).

I have not played with it yet and it has already planted me twice. The first was in Adobe Substance Painter. It crashes systematically as soon as I play with the cursors and the second time is when I plugged in my wacom cintiq tablet. I couldn't test in game since I don't currently have one installed except in my Unreal Engine 4.27 project.

I have no idea how to solve this problem except change the graphics card and go back to nvidia.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

My config:

-Ryzen 9 5900x

-Asus ProArt B550 Creator

- Kingston HyperX Fury 2x32Go

- 3 ssd nvme sabrent

- Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+

- Seasonic Prime TX-1300w ATX 3..0 80+Titanium

edit:

I tried a lot of things that didn't work:

- Uninstall the driver in safe mode and reinstall it

- Increase virtual memory

- Change screen refresh rate