cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

SangDeRenard
Adept I

All games crash if not windowed (+unkillable task)

Good afternoon everyone,

I'm in need of your help.

Since last week, near all my steam games (except baldur's gates 3 for some reason) crashs when I launch them. The worst is that even if they have crashed, they are still marked as running in the steam application (I can even have this bug with multiple game at the same time) and their processes can't be killed with the task manager for some reason to. If I use an killtask command, the command only say that the task do not exist even with the right PID

I've checked with one game (w40k : Darktide) and I've discovered that I can launch the game but only in windowed mod (no fullscreen of other).

When in windowed, Darktide have a strange "custom resolution = 1920*1061 (I've a screen of 1920*1080). I don't know if it's a normal resolution for a windowed game ?

I precise that I've an AMD GPU and I've already reinstall ALL of my drivers with Display Driver Uninstaller. I've also tried to desactivate my other GPU (Intel one) and in this case I can lauch all games but like a 5-10 fps event in very low settings.

I think is a bug somewhere beetween AMD, Windows and the fact that maybe my windows screen resolution is set on my other CPU integrated GPU and not on my AMD GPU...I don't know...

FYI here is my 2 GPU :

-AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT (for game)

- Intel(R) UHD Graphism 770 (my display seem to use this one)

Can someone help me please ?

0 Likes
1 Solution

From your OP, looks like monitor cable is not connected direct to the graphics card, and are you using 2 separate pcie cables from PSU to graphics card (not 1 into 2 split).

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Earnhardt
Grandmaster

Information Required When Posting a Discussion

Please:

• Search the forums for existing discussions which may contain a solution to your issue before creating a new discussion.
  • Use a title that accurately summarizes your issue. Do not use titles like “Help Me” or “Driver issue”.
  • Post your discussion in the appropriate board for a faster and more helpful response.

When creating a new discussion, please provide as much detail as possible describing your issue, including the steps to reproduce the issue.

Below is an example of the essential information to provide when posting a new discussion.

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card Make & Model
    • Radeon VII
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • If a laptop, Make and Model of the Laptop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit 1909 Build
  • Driver version installed
    • Radeon Software Adrenaline 20.10.1
  • Display Make and model and connection/adapter in use, resolution, and refresh rate.
    • Samsung UE32850R 3840x2160 @60Hz Active DP to HDMI adapter
    • One line for each display device connected
  • CPU/APU Make and model number
    • Ryzen 5 5600X
  • Motherboard Make & Model + Bios Revision
    • Asus X570 Prime Pro BIOS 2802
  • Power Supply Unit Make & Model + Wattage
    • Seasonic Focus 750W Platinum
  • System Memory Make & Model + Frequency
    • GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL14 2x8GB

Describe your issue:

• Provide a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing, and the steps required to reproduce the issue.
  • Details about applications/games affected (including version number)
  • Graphical settings used in the application/game (resolution and 3D settings)
  • If possible, include a screenshot or video link of the issue
0 Likes

Sorry, here’s the informations :

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card Make & Model
    • AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • Desktop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 11 64bit familly 22h2 version 22621.2134 Build
  • Driver version installed
    • Radeon Software Adrenaline 23.8.1
  • Display Make and model and connection/adapter in use, resolution, and refresh rate.
    • ACER KA240HQ 1920 x 1080 @59,94Hz, HDMI
  • CPU/APU Make and model number
    • 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13500   2.50 GHz
  • Motherboard Make & Model + Bios Revision
    • ASUS ROG STRIX B660-G GAMING WIFI – Mother board Intel B660 LGA 1700 mATX (12+1, DDR5, PCIe 5.0, WiFi 6, 2.5 Gb LAN, 2 x MPower Supply Unit Make & Model + Wattage)
    • PC MSI MPG A1000G PCI-E5 ATX - 1000 W, 80
  • System Memory Make & Model + Frequency
    • Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32 Go (2 x 16 Go) DDR5 6000MHz C36 (for DDR5 Intel, XMP 3.0)
    • Silicon Power PCIe M.2 NVMe SSD 2TB Gen3x4 R/W up to 2, 200/1, 600MB/s Internal SSD

Describe your issue:

• Provide a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing, and the steps required to reproduce the issue.
    • If I launch a game, the game start, freeze about 1sec after launch and crash. The processus in task manager is still here and is unkillable (like 2sec after this, the task manager freeze and is unusable). If the game have a self launcher where I can change the settings before launching the game, I can run the game only in windowed mode with this setting activated.
  • Details about applications/games affected (including version number)
    • All game (steam and non steam), exemple : Cyberpunk 2077, w40k Darktide, Wall world, Dark souls 3, ...
  • Graphical settings used in the application/game (resolution and 3D settings)
    • I have deactivated all special settings in Adrenaline for testing and all games have the same settings as before all these issues appears.
  • If possible, include a screenshot or video link of the issue
    • Here is a screen of the unkillable processus for the exemple of Cyberpunk 2077 and the command to try to kill it. It's in French so the translation of the command message say that the processus was not killed because there is no such instance running.

Capture d’écran 2023-08-27 150356.png

Do not hesitate if you need more specifics screenshots.

From your OP, looks like monitor cable is not connected direct to the graphics card, and are you using 2 separate pcie cables from PSU to graphics card (not 1 into 2 split).

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Well you were right, all this was due to the wrong plugging of the HDMI cable... 

I've put it on the plug of the AMD GPU and it worked. 

I didn't know that can create such bugs and crash even at the windows scale. 

Thank you for your help  

0 Likes