cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

sh4wzy
Journeyman III

AMD Driver causing windows 10 icons to bug out

I've recently upgraded from a 1080ti to a 7800xt and I have installed a fresh copy of Windows 10.

After installing the minimal Adrenaline software I noticed that some icons in Windows were oddly shaped.

For example, the user account picture in the Windows settings is now a diamond shape instead of it's normal circle shape and the volume slider is now diamond shaped too instead of it being slightly rounded. 

I have run DDU and made sure Windows Update is not interfering with the driver. 

If I install the bare bones driver with no software at all the issue resolves itself so I'm guessing this is something to do with Adrenaline?

Links to other topics regarding the same problem: 
https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ijheqq/circle_icons_are_diamonds/

Has anyone had this issue before?

0 Likes
2 Replies
schldskjoirz
Adept III

Adrenalin has had problems with some bezier curves for years, occasionally straightening them out. I have no idea why this is happening and why it only happens on some graphics. I remember reading a few comments about the same problem in some games as well. Did you try a previous version of Adrenalin, if the problem is possibly only in the newer version? Either way, I personally got tired of these constant bugs and switched to MSI Afterburner and RTSS. No similar problems with them.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
• Minisforum um790 Pro • 65" TV (HDMI) • Sony 5.1 audio (toslink)
0 Likes

Thanks for the information. I actually figured out what the problem was it was the "Tesselation Mode" setting within Adrenalin.

When set to off for some reason it was messing with windows... setting it to "AMD Optimized" resolved the problem.