cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

johnvolkov
Adept I

AMD driver 23.2.1 and 23.2.2 suck

So I installed from driver 22.11.2 to the  the new drivers 23.2.1 this driver allmost brick my windows I had to restore my pc to fix the issue. So i have gone back to driver 22.11.2 after 1  one week after driver 23.2.2 came out I decided to instal it.

After the first day of working the driver uninsalled himself with some sort of a defaul windows driver.

So after an other DDU I  reinstalled driver 22.11.2 .

To be honest if AMD was not cheaper then Nvidia I would have never bought AMD in the first place. I am disappointed with it.

System specsProcessor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor 4.20 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB
Video Card AMD 6900XT

Windows 10 Pro.

I think the problem happens with windows autoupdates overwrite  the newdriver with what windows decide to pick as a driver .

Right now I am still using driver 22.11.2 is stable for me.

11 Replies
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

I have seen this before so here is a possible solution. Follow this guide and see if Windows screws up the drivers again. Solved: Re: How to stop updates for drivers with Windows U... - AMD Community I had this issue for a while until I found out Windows updates can just mess stuff up and how to stop it from happening.

Keep us posted on any progress.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes

I did this on an all AMD laptop no problem with it. I am going to stop it for my main rig as well I guess

0 Likes
DonRizzo
Adept I

totally feel your pain!  working with 6800xt which was working just fine with 22.11.2 and then went to 23.2.2 and it all just sucks to high heaven. roll back to who knows what and everything is as the way it was. do a maybe its just anomaly and get 23.2.2 and everyting sucks again!! Notice fps drops are way dramatic makes games unplayable. will be looking to find the adrenaline edition 22.11.2 so everything can be normal lol. AMD you really need to address this ASAFP!!!!!!!!!!1

0 Likes
johnvolkov
Adept I

well I installed yesterday driver 23.2.2 after the restart my sound and network conection stopped working after an restart it fixed . I  have gone to work when I come back my mouse  RGS is running during computer shotdown so yeah I DDU and got back to 22.2.2 driver Jesus H

0 Likes

Which rig is are you referring to?

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes

My main rig

System specsProcessor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor 4.20 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB
Video Card AMD 6900XT

Windows 10 Pro.

The Laptop that has an 560x as a video card works fine .

Maybe is because of 6900xt

0 Likes
AMD_cire
Challenger

too bad you pay for high prices and must go through so much effort to fix issues.

Hope AMD can make a good "PlugnPlay" GPU card that runs no issues for general use even for customer who do not know IT so much  (do not know GPU need install driver) that only use Windows Drivers installed still works good.

MSI B550 Pro-VDH - MSI 6600XT - Ryzen 5600G
0 Likes
oversemper
Adept II

Win11 22h2, 6900xt, 5800x, asus strix x570-f gaming. Installed both 23.2.1 and 23.2.2 as they were coming out, went absolutely flawlessly and works alright. My routine for updating drivers:

1. Hit check for update 3-4 times in the windows settings, install all available updates.

2. Disable internet connection (download the drivers in advance).

3. Delete amd radeon software from the apps page of the windows settings, restart into "640x480" mode.

4. Install the new WQHL driver checking "factory defaults", it will require to restart once during the installation.

5. Restart for the second time after the installation says it's done.

6. Enable internet connection back.

7. Enjoy.

0 Likes
JerFoshay
Journeyman III

I've been having the same issue with the last 2 driver updates including this one. It's literally cut my performance in half, literally pathetic. I haven't tried any troubleshooting yet, I'm going to do a DDU fresh install tomorrow but this is just a joke that it's happened 2 updates in a row. I went from last week running 2 monitors, streaming, discord, chat and everything open on the second monitor, playing on 1080p, medium settings getting 240fps not dipping to having to turn off my second monitor, can't stream or run any other apps, turned all settings on low and getting anywhere from 110-240fps... I mean, I have a 6750 xt and a ryzen 7 58003xd with a b550m, I should have no issues lol

0 Likes
SyphonSystem
Journeyman III

I 100% agree and am back to 22.11.2 on my EXPENSIVE Red Devil 6900xt.  For me anything with ray tracing on causes shuddering and the GPU power usage drops.  I have eliminated hardware as an issue, going back to 22.11.2 I have no issues.  Games I am finding this issue in, Control and Chernobylite.  After about 5 minutes or a lot of action GPU goes from 300W to 180-260W and shudders, whit the hot spot at 87-91, not a hardware issue.  I ran a number of 3d Mark Port Royal tests and all passed 98.8-99.  IE not a hardware issue.  Updated, chipset drivers, BIOS, audio ECT.  Closed programs removed and reinstalled drivers with DDU. IE not a hardware issue!  Well back to the 6 month old driver that works.  AMD GET YOU DRIVER TEAM BACK ON TRACK!  I don't want it to be Nvidia or bust!

0 Likes
johnvolkov
Adept I

I also had installed driver 23.3.1 worked kind of OF but it gave me a lot of lag if I alt tab a game. so I am back to 22.11.2 this works really good.

Maybe 23.2.1 and 23.2.2 has a problem with 6900xt

0 Likes