cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Kristofer
Journeyman III

AMD color "overlay" lagging

Hey, when I'm alt-tabbed in other windows than my game it lags the color overlay of amd and its little "amd experience alt+r" thing. Is there a fix for that. I have rx 5700

0 Likes
2 Replies
vishvajit
Adept III

Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Make sure you have the latest version of AMD Radeon software installed. You can check for updates through the software itself or by visiting AMD's website.

2. Check your system resources. Make sure your computer meets the minimum system requirements for the game and that there are no other applications running that could be using up too much CPU or memory.

3. Disable any unnecessary features in the AMD Radeon software overlay, such as the performance metrics or recording settings. This can free up resources and reduce lag.

4. Adjust your game's graphics settings. Lowering the graphics settings can reduce the strain on your GPU and improve performance.

5. Consider disabling the AMD Radeon software overlay altogether if the lag persists. You can still access the settings through the software itself or by using keyboard shortcuts.

0 Likes
vishvajit
Adept III

If you're experiencing lag with the color overlay and the "AMD Experience Alt+R" feature when alt-tabbing out of a game, there are a few things you can try to fix the issue:

1. Update your drivers: Make sure you have the latest drivers for your RX 5700 graphics card installed. You can download them from the AMD website.

2. Disable Radeon Overlay: Try disabling the Radeon Overlay in the Radeon Software settings. To do this, open the Radeon Software, go to the "General" tab, and toggle off the "In-Game Overlay" setting.

3. Adjust settings: Try adjusting the settings in the Radeon Software to see if it improves the performance. You can try turning off features like anti-aliasing, vertical sync, or lowering the resolution scale to see if it makes a difference.

4. Switch to Windowed Mode: Try switching your game to Windowed mode instead of Fullscreen mode. This can help reduce the lag when alt-tabbing out of the game.

0 Likes