Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Brindille
Adept I

AMD Adrenaline Software Will Not Open When Launched with 23.9.2 and 23.9.3

Hello, 

Today I received my new 7800xt graphics card. I had an Nvidia 3070 previously. So I uninstalled Nvidia and all the other software from the company, with the DDU tool so as not to forget anything. I installed my new card and launched the installation of adrenalin version 23.9.1 the drivers are installed correctly since my resolution has changed and my second screen lights up with the desktop (proof that the installation was done correctly ) moreover the software is present in the taskbar but the software whose icon appears disappears once you click on it. Also impossible to launch the software. I tried to reinstall several times with version 23.9.2 but the problem persists and after 5 hours of trying to install my new graphics card I admit that I give up.

If you have a solution or a similar problem I am interested.

3 Solutions
Brindille
Adept I

Hello,

I solve my problem this weekend.

I reset windows and reinstall the 23.9.1 and it's work after that i download in the software the 23.9.2 and still working.

It's a bit hard but it work for me .

Have a good day

View solution in original post

zyxx
Adept II

Hey AMD: FYI the Bug isn't fixed.

Last working Adrenaline Version 23.9.1.

Your Adrenalin Frontend does not start.

Again no mention in Known Bugs section of 23.11.1 (same as 10.x and 9.x).

Please advice how to proceed, or are we supposed to go ahead and give team green a try?

brikulex
Adept I

I don't think that AMD is actually working on fixing this.

However I believe I have found something (at least something that works for me).

As always, I am not responsible for what you do, and if following my guide makes your computer explode, it's not my fault.

I am asking some of you who are affected by this bug and ever had Epic Games Launcher installed to try this:

1. Exit Epic Games Launcher if you have it open (right click it in the notification tray and click Exit)
  2. Open the folder %localappdata%\EpicGamesLauncher\Saved
  3. Rename the Logs folder to something like LogsBackup
  4. Try to open Radeon Software and hope it works

Please respond if it fixed your issue or not, or if you don't even have the EpicGamesLauncher folder.

If I find out it doesn't actually work and it was just a coincidence, I will edit this post to correct it.

Good Luck!

338 Replies

I tried this method and adrenalin still wont launch. Another thing, i cant launch adrenalin after installing, a popup came up and said i needed to reboot first. After reboot adrenalin is installed but still doesn't open

0 Likes

restart using amd clean, but don't run it, run revo, uninstall everything from amd and in the revo option put advanced and select and remove everything you find from amd, then run amd clean again and finally restart and install the new drive

The customer service should do something about it. Why shpuld i do their work?

0 Likes
mrbluerays
Adept I

23.9.2 , 23.9.3 and now 23.10.1 still having the same issue. Tried every suggestions and nothing worked. Funny is that the preview driver (23.30.01.02) works just fine.

AMD maybe you can start here and figure out what differences the drivers have to have caused this issue

Hi all, for those still having problems after following my method make sure you are deleting everything AMD in Revo as suggested by Ahersz, you got to get all that crap gone.

This method also fixes Ryzen Master failed to initialise error.

Download these Driver Vers. directly from AMD
AMD Chipset vers. 5.08.02.027
AMD Adrenalin vers. 23.9.3

If anyone needs a more detailed method let me know and i'll post a new discussion with step by step instructions.

My OS Win11 Pro
My Hardware is MSI X570S Carbon Max Wifi / Ryzen 9 5900X / 32Gb DDR4 Corsair 4000Mhz RT Ram / 1TB WD Black 850 NVME / 2TB WD Black 850 NVME / 360mm AIO / Radeon RX6950XT / Corsair HX1200i Platinum PSU

Endorphin
Adept I

+1

Can't open software after install on 23.9.2/3 nor 23.10.1
Last stable driver 23.8.1 (currently running). Some hiccups on 23.9.1

Tried work arounds as mentioned in this thread and reddit.
Note: have not formatted win.

790XTX/W11/i93900k

0 Likes
colim22
Journeyman III

Hello,

I just made an account because I have this exact issue on windows 10 5700 XT AMD. I tried uninstalling using revo and DDU and reinstalling drivers to 23.9.3 but the issue still persists. 

0 Likes
Rubi70
Adept I

Greetings from Spain! I just created an account to report this problem. I've tried versions 23.10.1, 23.9.3, and 23.9.2, but nothing seems to work. I eventually reverted back to version 23.9.1.

RX 6800XT, ryzen 7 5800X, windows 11 pro

0 Likes
Axton
Challenger

For what it's worth, I'm running 23.9.3 on Windows 10 and the control panel opens quicker now than it did on previous drivers.  My suggestion is like others have said, uninstall everything AMD related, but before you do that, check to make sure Windows Update is not automatically installing or updating drivers by following these instructions:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/disable-automatic-hardware-driver-updates-on-windows-10/ 

Then reboot and remove anything AMD related.

0 Likes
zyxx
Adept II

23.10.2 does not solve the issue, same as 23.9.2, 9.3 & 10.1.

I tried DDU mutliple times this night, tried the AMD uninstaller tool. I uninstalled and deleted everything AMD related (AGAIN, same as for previous releases) to no avail.

Yes, I tried this offline / with gpedit rules set to prevent windows from interfering with its **bleep**ty driver installer.

I'm not going to format this device, it is more likely for me to buy another GPU.

Come on AMD, please fix this or at least acknowledge it in your release notes.

0 Likes
zyxx
Adept II

Wrote an answer and this website ate it.

TLDR, DDU, Uninstall and deletion of everything did not fix the issue for 23.10.2 either.

AMD what is your excuse to not fix this in 23.9.2, 3., 10.1 and now 10.2?

mergen
Journeyman III

Still occurs on the latest build. Only 23.9.1 works.

Same Issue here! Its been literally MULTIPLE MONTHS with like THREE?? iterations of the Firmware since this issue and the forum posts came up and still NOTHING. 6900XT here, more than 1k Euro completely wasted. Next card will be NVIDIA again for sure. My 970 GTX ran like a beast for 7 years without driver issues like those at all. A former 300$ card. Insane.

Construga
Adept I

Today received the notification email from AMD with new 23.10.2 version available for download.
https://drivers.amd.com/drivers/amd-software-adrenalin-edition-23.10.2-win10-win11-oct17-rdna.exe

Installed it but unfortunately the problem still exists with the exact same behavior.
I guess it's to be expected, since the release notes say nothing about it.
AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.10.2 Release Notes | AMD

Same here.

Running Win11 on Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB RAM, 5700XT

What's concerning is that they do not even include this issue in the 'Known Issues' section which means they may be even not aware..

0 Likes

There was someone from AMD replying in here but they stopped a long time ago so they're aware but apparently just don't care. It seems like they're just hoping eventually one of the new drivers will work for us because they keep releasing new ones instead of fixing the problem.

same here!

0 Likes
Babysix
Adept I

Same problems here. Have tried GPU drivers from 23.9.1->23.10.2. With and without DDU. 23.9.1 version software works fine but games crashes from time to time. No crashing problem on newer versions.

7800x3d

7900XTX

0 Likes
burneracc
Journeyman III

Hi, just registered to add my +1 to this issue.

Tried the "fix" with uninstalling Adrenaline & AMD Chipset in safe mode, using Revo Uninstaller.
Had it clean up left over registry values & system files for both drivers/software.

I then installed the newly downloaded Chipset & Adrenalin Edition 23.10.2 in safmode.
After completed installation launching Adrenaline gives the error "This driver is not a compatible version for this software" type of message (maybe this is helpful for AMD? mismatch in what Adrenaline thinks is installed?)
Verified in Device Manager that the GPU had the 23.10.2 driver installed.

So seems like this fix does not do the trick.. (or at least not for me)

Need the latest driver for CS2, so for anyone else in this situation:
1. Uninstall the current driver using Revo Uninstaller & have it clean up all the files the uninstaller misses. (you dont need to do this in safemode)
2. Install the Adrenalin Edition 23.10.2 and during installation choose DRIVER ONLY
3. Wait for AMD to prioritize this issue and get it fixed. 

This driver really makes CS2 run smoother, so worth to get the driver installed.
Adrenaline is nice, but TBH 80% is useless in the software and you just want the driver that actually makes the games run smooth..

Win 11 (Pro 22H2 22621.2428)
6800XT
5800X3D

Babysix
Adept I

I got "The version of AMD Software that you have lauched is not compatible with your currently installed AMD graphics driver." error on safemode. Used AMD Compatibility tool and it says everyting is ok. 

0 Likes

Yes, same text for me - maybe this is something that is the root issue why Adrenalin will not open? I only got this pop-up once. Any sequential launch of Adrenalin causes no more pop-ups, nothing happens while trying to launch the program. 

0 Likes

Interesting update, AMD have pulled all 23.9.x inc. 23.10.1 drivers from their website, wondering now if they are aware of all the problems we have been having since 23.8.x

Hope they manage to fix it as the new 23.10.2 driver is missing some features present in 23.10.1

0 Likes
Babysix
Adept I

Funky thing i noticed yesterday when playing. Adrenalinen in-game overlay opens when i start a game so looks like the software isn't totally dead. Same when i try instant replay it pops up and tells instant replay isn't turned on.

0 Likes
dxoqejm
Journeyman III

I am able to provide some logs as well (new Built / a few weeks old Win11 Installation with a 7800XT Sapphire Pulse and AMD 5800x3D)...

Is there some way to send them in using mail etc. instead of the public forum? I do not have a support case where I can attach them.

0 Likes

0 Likes
Been
Adept II

Another new driver released and still this issue has not been fixed or addressed..... I give up.

0 Likes
DunkNorris
Adept II

Just updated to 23.10.2 and guess what I STILL CANNOT OPEN MY SOFTWARE... at least Ryzen master is working again now. Did AMDMatt just give up on us? What is even going on anymore. I swear I'd buy an intel GPU at this point just to not have to deal with this crap. It's been MONTHS now.

Yeah I'm feeling the same way, I had actually planned on updating to a better AMD card and I've been so disappointed with this not being addressed I spent the money elsewhere and am now considering either getting an NVidia card or trying Intel once I have some money again. They could at least let us know if they're even trying to figure it out still.

0 Likes
zyxx
Adept II

AMD rereleased 23.10.2, but to no avail.

"whql-amd-software-adrenalin-edition-23.10.2-win10-win11-oct19-rdna" does not solve the issue.

Same es previous: "amd-software-adrenalin-edition-23.10.2-win10-win11-oct17-rdna.exe"

*thumbs down*

This card did cost a fortune, AMD please fix this.

rinko
Adept I

AMD rereleased 23.10.2, but to no avail.

"whql-amd-software-adrenalin-edition-23.10.2-win10-win11-oct19-rdna" does not solve the issue.

Same es previous: "amd-software-adrenalin-edition-23.10.2-win10-win11-oct17-rdna.exe"

*thumbs down*

This card did cost a fortune, AMD please fix this.

zyxx
Adept II

And another one:

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/amd-adrenalin-won-t-open-and-disappears-from-system-tr...

I would like to receive an update on this @ AMD.

Is there any progress on this? What is missing? How can we fix this on our own?

Construga
Adept I

Two days ago, from out of nowhere it began working. I don't have the slightest clue why.
I was not installing any new driver. Checked Windows update history for updates and drivers but nothing.
The only thing I find are 2 minor updates from Microsoft Store. One for Microsoft Paint and another for "...MICROSOFT.GETSTARTED"

Construga_0-1697985923621.png

I don't remember anything different, not even cleaning temporary files.
I was just waiting for a new driver release to fix it and suddenly it's working.
I really would like to know why, so at least I could share with other people some helpful steps.

Interesting, running v23.10.2?

0 Likes

Yes. 

Construga_0-1697999197123.png

It's quite frustrating not being able to get any steps to support other people and at the same time not knowing what caused it, so in a couple of days time, without any change it might fail again.

0 Likes
CapPain
Adept II

I have to say, I had no issues with both latest drivers, so there must be something in common with some of you, just not sure what it is that you're doing differently.

Even, I upgraded from an RX 6800 (which had no issues by then) to an RX 7800 XT Hellhound and also had no issues at all. I didn't use DDU as it would not make sense. I was just installing a newer AMD card. I used the uninstaller AMD provided, then I installed my 7800XT. All good here.

I have also upgraded last night to the latest 23.10.2 from 23.10.1. All good as well.

I agree. It might be some specific configuration or setting only some people have.
I had this experience with Starfield when it launched. Every other game worked fine, but Starfield crashed every now and then followed by BSOD. Windows reliability monitor just recorded "Hardware Error" for this. 
It turned out that it only happened on users with ultra wide screens like myself and with Dynamic Resolution specifically set to 75-78%. 

Perhaps this now is something similar.

I'm using an MSI 7900 XT + Ryzen 9700 + 64 DDR5 + Asus X670E-PLUS
The screen is an AOC Ultra Wide (21:9) screen.
Also using Norton 360 Gaming.

Is anyone else here using something similar, or your configs are just randomly different?

Running 21:9 ultrawide 

I too, am using an Ultrawide. So this is confirmed to be an Ultrawide-Only issue by AMD or just a coincidence? The latest Adrenaline SW was running once after completely reinstalling windows, updating everything and installing the Adrenalin Driver SW for my respective card. One or two reboots later, it refused to open again. AMD is notorious for running their Fans too slowly which turned into huge Temp spikes playing COD and without manually adjusting fan speeds through their software I'm basically bound to fry my 1200$ GPU now?

i5 12400F - MSI B660M-A - 16GiB DDR4 - OEM AMD 6900XT
screen is an LG Ultragear 1440p Ultrawide Screen

No AV software aside from Windows Defender

ASRock B650E Steel Legend + 7800x3d+ PowerColour 7900xtx Hellhound+ 32g DDR5 and Alienware 27" 1440p monitor. Its not just ultrawide setups.

0 Likes