cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Ronstermonster
Journeyman III

AMD Adrenalin Won't Open and Disappears From System Tray When Hovering Over It

Pretty much the title. AMD Adrenalin won't ever open. When I hover over the icon in the system tray, it disappears before I can even click it. I have disabled windows update from updating my drivers. I have the AMD cleanup tool to remove all my software and drivers for a clean install. Nothing has worked. Would love some help from the developers instead of resorting to random threads on reddit.

System:

Windows 10

Adrenalin Version: Adrenalin 23.10.2

7900 XT

Driver Version according to Windows: 31.0.22017.3004

9 Replies
Kingdie
Journeyman III

Hi Ronstermonster,

I have the same problem with the 6700 XT and I tried a lot from the Internet too that didn't help, like new bios verson, reinstall, permission changed and lots mor, so I think it's a problem with the verson. I would say if you realy need to open AMD Adrenalin, do as I did and go back to an older verson and wait until there is a new update or something helpful. Or ceep that verson, and you can't open it, and wait until someone can realy help but i think we have to wait for an update to fix it

I have the same problem with the 6700 XT too and I tried Ronstermonster's say and for a second, the software worked but afterwards, it did not work again.

0 Likes
Phat1125
Journeyman III

I have the same problem:

AMD adrenaline is not loading. I've tried using the AMD cleanup utility / DDU and reinstalling 23.10.2. It looks like it installs the drivers but when I try to open up adrenaline it does not load and does not give any popup at all. I'm on Windows version 22H2 Build 22621.2428

I also have tried disabling the new Microsoft Co-Pilot

Specs: CPU Ryzen 5600X

GPU: AMD RX5700XT

RAM 16GB

0 Likes
zyxx
Adept II

Same here 6900 XT, 5900x on windows 10 pro.

The last working release was 23.9.1.

DDU or AMD cleanup utility do not solve this.

jer2710
Adept I

I have the same issues. The only adrenalin version that works is the preview driver afmf 23.30.01.02 for some reasons...

Update : I made a windows reset. Now 23.9.3 and 23.10.1 launch

0 Likes
Kingdie
Journeyman III

Hi Again,

I changed for Adrenalin to Pro and I have to say it works petter. I can open the AMD Software: Pro editon, I have fewer or no problems with the graphics than with the Adrenalin Software. So I would recomand to change to the Pro editon. As hint you may need to install it two time with the installer, because that's how it was for me, the first time it's reseted everything and the second time it's installed the latest pro version.

0 Likes
Ronstermonster
Journeyman III

In case anyone is interested, I tested several previous versions of Adrenalin 22.X and 23.X after using DDU or AMD cleanup utility and it did not help. Starting to think I made a mistake switching to AMD

mdxbhmt
Adept II

This is known [1], but the last update from amd is weeks old.

[1] https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/amd-adrenaline-software-will-not-open-when-launched-wi...

0 Likes