cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Anhaeyn
Journeyman III

AMD Adrenalin stuck on rebooting screen - GPU max usage - kinda solved

Hello! I need help. Some time ago (1-2 months ago probably?) I was messing with some settings: I've enabled x-amp in bios and also used the cpu undervolting setting in amd adrenalin. Pretty sure that after this I've noticed that my PC would sometimes freeze when I was playing only a certain, one game (sims 4 to be specific - nothing was happening when playing anything else though). After this freeze happened again, I decided to restart PC and change mentioned before settings to default - disable x-amp in bios - done. After my pc booted up, I opened amd adrenalin to change cpu settings to default, i've got the warning pop up about needing to restart pc to apply the settings. Alright, I proceeded to change the settings and I've got this popup window in amd adrenalin about rebooting my pc, that circle is spinning, program is responsive, but pc is not restarting. Like at all, I can do other things in meanwhile, but the said restart never happened. In task manager I see that my GPU has 100% usage currently (normally it's close to 0, I'm not playing anything right now). Aside from this, when I minimize the amd adrenalin, I can hear some high pitched noise coming from my PC, but it shuts up when I open up amd adrenalin window again.
So, tldr: I'm waiting here for like 30 minutes now, this "rebooting" window in amd adrenalin program is still there, nothing happens. 
What do I do now to fix this without bricking my cpu/gpu? (Sorry for my english, I'm not native english speaker + not very much tech savvy) Thanks for any help! 

edit: I was able to just force-close the program using task manager without bricking my pc, but unfortunately it didn't save the changes I wanted to make. 

5 Replies

I think the problem may be from changing bios settings after using software OC?

So possibly the software reset can't find the original settings it made to revert them.

Would be helpful to know what OS build/version & system components you have (cpu, motherboard, graphics card, etc) for someone to offer possible fixes.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Yeah, I was suspecting this. 

My specs:
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X
MSI B450m mortar max
RX 6600
Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) 3200MHz CL16 Vengeance LPX Black

0 Likes

Try either of two options (or maybe do both?).

Use https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601 then install a fresh copy of drivers/software.

Reset CMOS by removing battery for a couple of minutes. Load optimized defaults after booting to bios.

Might be an idea to have/make a USB bootable OS for repair install in case something goes wrong. 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
DipakJ27
Adept III

I'm glad to hear that you were able to force-close AMD Adrenalin without bricking your PC. It sounds like there may be a corruption issue with your AMD Adrenalin installation.

Here are a few things you can try:

1. Uninstall and reinstall AMD Adrenalin.
  2. Use the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) tool to remove all traces of AMD Adrenalin from your system before reinstalling the latest version.
  3. Try using a different version of AMD Adrenalin.
  4. If you're using the latest version of AMD Adrenalin, try using an older version.
  5. You can download older versions of AMD Adrenalin from AMD's website.
  6. Try resetting AMD Adrenalin to default settings.
  7. You can do this by opening AMD Adrenalin and clicking on the Settings tab.
  8. Then, click on the Reset button and select Yes to reset AMD Adrenalin to default settings.
  9. Try updating your BIOS to the latest version.
  10. This can sometimes fix compatibility issues with new hardware and drivers.

If you're still having problems after trying all of the above, you can try contacting AMD support for further assistance.

Here are some additional tips that may help:

• Make sure that your graphics card is properly seated in the PCIe slot.
  • Try using a different PCIe slot, if available.
  • Check your graphics card for any signs of physical damage.
  • Try disabling any overclocking or undervolting that you may be using on your CPU or GPU.
  • Try running AMD Adrenalin in compatibility mode for Windows 10 or Windows 8.

I hope this helps!

Note: If you are not comfortable uninstalling and reinstalling AMD Adrenalin, or resetting it to default settings, you can try contacting AMD support for further assistance.

Dipakjadhav
matthewalampe
Journeyman III

Did you guys figure out the fix to this? I have the same issue..

0 Likes