Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Chrissy8283
Adept II

Amd Adrenalin Sofware Randomly closes

Hello!

Sometimes, especially early after booting, the adrenalin software is active. and when i tab around (like between apps / games in fullscreen mode) it then disappears, but it's not in the system tray and can't be found in the task manager. ALT + R to open it also does not work. Only when i re-open the software I am able to open it again.

Anyone having the same problem?

It's on Beta Drivers: 23.30.01.02 (AMF Release)

My Gpu: ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC

You can find everything about my system here: https://geizhals.at/wishlists/3246856

Chrissy8283_0-1697811916688.png

3 Replies
evono
Adept II

Experiencing the same on the preview drivers.

with a 6800XT on win11

Yea. It's not only the Beta Drivers, also on the "stable drivers". It's kinda annoying as I also think it's causing some sort of "not perfect performance".

0 Likes
2loki4u
Journeyman III

I've been fishing around the inter-webs looking for a solution to this issue myself. Thus far I've come up with nothing and can't find any way to get support for this issue either.

I've had this issue for some time now - multiple builds both stable recommended builds and pre-release and it still persists. 

This started on my previous build - was happening on occasion with win10pro and now more frequently on win11pro - it continued after upgrading both my CPU, RAM & GPU as well. Even persisted after a full format and rebuild of my os on win11pro (which I did after the initial upgrade to win11pro and had other issues).

My prior build was an all AMD AM4 build on x570 chipset w/3700x & 5700 and 32gb (2x16) 3200mts ram. The current build consists of the same MoBo & x570 chipset w/5900x & 7800xt w/ 64gb (4x16) 3200mts ram.

Recently a new issue has complicated matters. I have an elgato setup with wavelink3 mic & streamdeck+ running wavelink - I use the AMD Noise Reduction Interface and pipe the elgato mic to the AMD Streaming Mic and then to the SFX input in wavelink for my audio input to all apps - the noise reduction works well - right up until Adrenaline "unloads" (or closes) itself.

I've noticed that it seems to primarily occur after I step away from my machine and the screens turn off but the machine is still running. I do have an issue with my primary profile in windows not allowing my PC to go into SLEEP mode (which has persisted through all of the above mentioned build combos) that I've never figured out - but that said - when I wake up the machine from idle screen off - 90+% of the time Adrenaline is no longer running in the system tray and must be manually re-launched. 

Where the elgato complication comes in is that the AMD Noise Suppression (MIC) unloads it screws up the inputs on Wavelink and I have to close and restart Wavelink as well to get my Mic back (or switch to not using the AMD Noise Suppression input). This added issue is new as of the last week or so.

As an aside - I also have an issue regularly, where Windows Updates the VGA Drivers while after adrenaline closes itself in the background - then of course, you can't reopen adrenaline without reinstalling it to replace the defacto windows whql drivers - what a PITA - luckily this isn't an everyday issue - but does happen randomly on avg once every month or two. 

Anyone have any thoughts on how to address these issues? Or where to get support for this?

0 Likes