cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Hobbes
Journeyman III

AMD Adrenalin Software Software Will not launch

I have been trying to get the AMD Adrenalin software to launch for the last two days, but it refuses. When I attempt to launch it, I get a little windows loading circle on my cursor, and then it never launches. Here is a list of things I have tried to resolve my issue.

Running as Admin

Restarting computer

Uninstalling the software and reinstalling the most recent version

trying an older version

unplugging and replugging in my graphics card (I don't know why this would have helped, but I am at my wits end)

trying the pro version instead of the Adrenalin version

Nothing has worked for me. Has anyone else had this issue and found a way to resolve it? I really don't want to reset my computer to factory settings, but I feel like at this point I don't know what else to try.

Some context:

I am running Windows 10 64 bit (and have installed the recommended version for that)

My GPU is and AMD 5700 xt

I need to get into the software to up my fans (factory setting has my gpu getting to 110C while playing overwatch 2). I have tried downloading 3rd party software to controll my fans, but they seem to be locked and only accessible via the AMD software.

Any help or advice would be appricated

0 Likes
1 Solution
Paan
Adept II

Hi. Have u tried to clean install the software. using DDU.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
CN50
Adept III

I had about the same problems with this software I had to reinstall it and make sure windows can't update the drivers, but still sometimes it doesn't work usually  I have to do it a few times then roll back my drivers. 

Ancient  Gameplays youtuber did a video on this

0 Likes
Paan
Adept II

Hi. Have u tried to clean install the software. using DDU.

I did not know about DDU. I looked up tutorials on how to use it, got the drivers uninstalled, and rebooted. I ran into some slight issues where windows could not open the files to be written on, but that was resolved by installing the slightly older version of Adrenalin. Overall, this was a quick and easy fix. Thank you for your response.

u already try to upgrade to windows 11 ? i cant open adrenaline software in windows 11 but adrenalin software running smooth in windows 10, my adrenalin version is 22.11.2 . so what older ver u installed now ?

0 Likes