cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

umarizal
Adept I

AMD Adrenalin lost custom settings like tunning control of fans after restart computer

Forgive me for the inconvenience, but I have two AMD video cards, an RX550 and an RX560, both with 4Gb GDDR5, which are great GPU cards.

The problem is that whenever I adjust the temperature and speed curves of these cards' coolers (tunning control > manual > fan tunning > advanced control), AMD Adrenalin does not save the settings for the next boots, that is, when shutting down or restarting the computer, it returns to the default configuration instead of the custom curves that I created to keep my GPUs less hot.

Please, what do I need to do so that the settings made and applied are not lost after restarting the computer?

Thank you, very much!!!

4 Replies
AMD_cire
Challenger

As far as I know, your configuration will back to default when it is crash.

So, when boot up, actually the driver is crash but still can comeback alive (the configuration back to normal).

another indicatoin on adrenalin software, you will get notification that driver is crash and all settings revert to default.

MSI B550 Pro-VDH - MSI 6600XT - Ryzen 5600G
0 Likes
AMD_cire
Challenger

As far as I know, your configuration will back to default when it is crash.

So, when boot up, actually the driver is crash but still can comeback alive (the configuration back to normal).

another indicatoin on adrenalin software, you will get notification that driver is crash and all settings revert to default.

MSI B550 Pro-VDH - MSI 6600XT - Ryzen 5600G
0 Likes
uncleelias
Adept I

I had the same issues. I would try various custom Performance Tuning settings but on Windows 11 reboot or start, Adrenalin would give a notice that the settings were reverted to Default. There were no crashes. Operation was as simple as running only Adrenalin to change the settings. It could be only the fan curve. Upon reboot the settings were put back to default. As long as Windows wasn't rebooted, the settings worked. Even very aggressive power and performance settings worked flawlessy in games with no crashes. Only upon reboot, Custom Setting were reverted to Default.

TO BE CLEAR: THERE WERE NO CRASHES OF ANY APPLICATIONS.

0 Likes
uncleelias
Adept I

Additional information. I did have this issue in the past and changed the Power Button options in the Windows Power Option. I disabled Turn On Fast Startup.

That setting is still off, but now Adrenalin still reverts Custom settings to Default on Windows Start/Restart

0 Likes