cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

AMD Adrenalin does not start

Good afternoon. The problem is this: AMD Adrenalin does not turn on. It is impossible to launch from the desktop (RMB+selecting a color item with the amd icon),Screenshot_1.png

nor from the tray (pressing RMB or LMB does not bring up the menu and does not launch the program).

Screenshot_2.png

It doesn't launch from the start menu either. Installed the latest version of AMD Adrenalin from the official AMD website and cleaned Windows 10 from the official website. The problem occurred previously, but was temporarily resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling AMD Adrenalin. After restarting the PC the problem returns.

Screenshot_3.png

0 Likes
3 Replies
BigBeard
Adept I

When that happened to me it was because Windows Update had silently replaced the AMD graphics driver with a version that wasn't compatible with my Adrenalin version. The solution is to either roll back the driver or to install a new version of Adrenalin. I would suggest rolling back.

OK. I will try

Good luck. If Windows Update is the culprit, I would suggest disabling driver updates within WU using this method:

How To Stop Windows Updates From Downloading Drivers on Windows 10 & 11 - MajorGeeks

Windows Update can cause serious disruption to an AMD card, if you are unlucky.

0 Likes