Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jg623
Journeyman III

AMD A6-5200 SATA driver

Hi,

I'm having trouble with my Lenovo G505. All I wish to do is install Windows, however its been very frustrating.

I need the SATA AHCI driver for the windows installation to go through. My USB's don't recognise at the installation part so I've had to manually mount them into the .iso

I have searched on the Lenovo support for the drivers (which is a .exe, I extracted it and couldn't find) and AMD for my CPU (chipset drivers, which is also .exe - extracted and nothing)

I've got as far as "Select driver to install" in windows 10 installation. I just need the right driver.

I've already exhausted the Lenovo forums to no success. Phoned their technical support and they said "try reinstall windows" I said "that's what I'm trying to do!"

They then said to send the laptop in and the "engineers will have a look" - lol.

So its been a pointless task of asking Lenovo. I don't know why they don't list the driver on its own (.inf)

The one I managed to find and mounted, doesn't work for my system.

I managed to install this before my hard drive failed before, a few years back without any issues so If someone could help I would greatly appreciate it.

Regards,

J

0 Likes
3 Replies

You can try to install the Windows 7 drivers, or upgrade to Windows 10.

0 Likes

I don't see this file path when I extract the .exe files found on support

A6-5200M with Radeon™ HD 8400 Drivers & Support | AMD

All that is there is Audio and Display

amd.PNG

0 Likes

Seems like your laptop may not be compatible with the latest Windows 10. You can check here from Lenovo Support about upgrading to the various Windows 10 versions: Lenovo devices tested for Windows 10 version 1803 (April 2018) - US

0 Likes