cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ermolaevaleriyawell
Journeyman III

Hello! I have an HP 2015 laptop. Graphic AMD Radeon R7 M260. I downloaded a driver from your site that was released in January 2019. After installing on my laptop there was a problem finding this device. What to do?

Hello! I have an HP 2015 laptop. Graphic AMD Radeon R7 M260. I downloaded a driver from your site that was released in January 2019. After installing on my laptop there was a problem finding this device. What to do?

0 Likes
5 Replies

Didn't mention your Laptop Make & Model.

If the laptop has an AMD APU (CPU with integrated Graphics) you must download the APU Driver which will install both the Integrated and Discrete GPU driver.

If the laptop has an Intel APU then you only need to download the Discrete GPU Driver.

Here is how to install and configure your Laptop from AMD Forum: Laptop graphics update...How to and how to configure it: Configuring Laptop Switchable Graphics on a Windows® Based System | AMD

0 Likes

AMD processor A10-5745M APU with Radeon (tm) HD Graphics, two graphic AMD Radeon (TM) R7 M260 and AMD Radeon (TM) HD 8610g

0 Likes

This is the correct driver you need to download and install the A10-5745M from here: A10-5745M with Radeon™ HD 8610G Drivers & Support | AMD

Okay you have a problem that others have with similar laptops. Your Laptop has  both a "Legacy" non-supported integrated Graphics HD 8610G and a Supported discrete GPU card R7-M260 gpu card.

There is a special procedure you need to do to be able to install the Legacy Non-supported driver with a newer Supported drivers on the same laptop.

Here is one thread on possible work around to your solution: Installing AMD Drivers On A10-5750M + HD 8970M Laptops

This was the Thread I was looking for that directly concerns your laptop legacy with GCN driver installation: Installing AMD Drivers On A10-5750M + HD 8970M Laptops

0 Likes

Some high end laptops are able to select the external graphics as the 'primary' in the bios. This disables the integrated graphics and the laptop will use the discrete card for everything. Then you could use the newer drivers for the supported graphics. No more 'switchable' graphics or power saving for battery use. Battery time is cut by 60-70%...and the laptop will run much hotter.

0 Likes