Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ClaireVivid
Journeyman III

Am I able to downgrade my Radeon? Since update Photoshop won't launch

Good evening!

I hope someone can help.  Very recently, in the last couple of weeks, I have been unable to open my photoshop.  I have had lengthy support from Adobe who have run diagnostics and told me that it is the GPU (AMD Radeo 4000, version 27.20.11044.7) that is the issue.  I am wondering if I uninstall and then reinstall an older version, it may work again?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Claire

0 Likes
1 Reply

need more information concerning your computer setup including Windows version installed.

All the HD 4000 series GPU cards doesn't have any Windows 10 drivers from AMD Download page. You need to let Windows Update to install the correct driver for your HD 4xxx GPU card.

There are older AMD drivers for Windows 8/8.1 and below if that is the Windows version you have installed.

If you have Windows 10 installed than it could be just that your GPU card is below minimum Recommended hardware for Adobe Photoshop or the AMD driver is not compatible anymore with the newer versions of Photoshop.

If the Windows 10 Update driver doesn't work than the problem is with your GPU card being out-dated due to either hardware limitations or Driver limitations.

What type of Photoshop errors are you getting? OpenGL or OpenCL errors? 

Run GPU-Z and see the exact Make & Model of your HD 4xxx series GPU card and you should have both OpenGL & OpenCL check marked which means those are enabled in your GPU Card. Vulkan won't be enabled since the Driver is before Vulkan API came out.

0 Likes