cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Hubert99
Journeyman III

After drivers update system is crashing.

Hello,

A few days ago windows decided that it needed to update the drivers for my graphics card - rx480 8gb. Since then I started to have problems, the system completely crashes, I waited and nothing improved, it is impossible to turn off the computer with the button, it has to be unplugged. The problem occurs while playing games, it seems to happen completely randomly, at first it only happened while playing world of warcraft, while walking through lands or simple questing. Today it also happened in league of legends during a break between arenas. I have already installed the latest driver cleanly, installed older ones, reinstalled windows and the problem still occurs. I was stupid and didn't check what version of the driver that worked, but I didn't think this problem would develop like this. I checked the temperatures in hwmonitor and everything looked fine, during the stresstest of half an hour the graphics card did not exceed 79 degrees celsius. 

My msinfo file and dxdiag file 

My specs:

Cpu: i5 6600 Cooler: silentium pc fera 3

GPU: RX 480 8gb sapphire nitro+ oc

PSU: silentium pc 650w gold

Motherboard: gigabyte b150m d3h

Ram: 4x4gb

Thank you in advance for your help

2 Replies
Mikek
Journeyman III

Im having the same problem None of my shortcuts are working .

0 Likes

Hard to understand your DXDIAG.txt since it is in a foreign language but I do see that crashes concerning the games you mentioned.

Run in a elevated Command Prompt or Powershell : SFC /scannow

That will check your Windows for corruption or missing files.

Then if you have Windows Pro or higher, go to Group Policy and disable Windows Update Driver function. That way Windows Update won't overwrite your current AMD driver: elevenforum- enable-or-disable-include-drivers-with-windows-updates-in-windows-11.2232/ 

Here is AMD current and Previous AMD drivers to download:

Latest RX 480 driver: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-400-series/radeon-rx-400-series/radeon-rx-480

Previous RX 480 Drivers which you can install to see which one works the best in your PC: https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers/graphics/radeon-400-series/radeon-rx-400-series/rade...

NOTE: after using DDU to remove all traces of your current AMD driver be sure to delete the AMD Driver Installation folder at C:\AMD.

0 Likes