cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

MeunsterMr
Journeyman III

Adrenaline Used to Work, Now has Drivers Compatibility

Greetings and thanks in advance for taking the time to read this and help me through this issue. You'll see, I have a gaming setup and I used AMD Adrenaline to see the usage and temperature of my processor and graphics card, tweaking some settings, and overall using it to update the drivers. Pretty much what Adrenaline is for, right? Well, I don't remember exactly last time I opened the software but it was somewhere around one week or two prior to this post (January 22th, of the year 2024). I tried opening Adrenaline to check on NFS Heat's performance as it was having some performance issues and I wanted to check fps, temperature, usage. You know, to make sure the game isn't frying my components lol.

As you'd expect by the title, the software just didn't open; told me something about drivers not being compatible and to visit the link right here. I downloaded the AMD Software Utility Tool, let my pc do its thing for a while and when I came back I got an error box saying that the software couldn't download the drivers. Now, I am aware tone falls short in a post so I want to say that I don't mean to be rude or anything but; how on earth am I supposed to get my compatible drivers and my drivers updated if the software for that basically told me to go screw myself and the Utility Tool did the same?

Now, I am aware of this part so let me skip it by telling you my specs right away:

AMD Ryzen 5 4600G.

AsRock Challenger AMD 6600 8GB DDR6.

16 GB RAM DDR4.

on a Asustek Prime A320M-K Motherboard.

Running on Windows 10.

No, I didn't perform a recovery state where AMD Adrenaline was working. Yes, I ran an antivirus scan a while before this problem occurred but AMD Adrenaline opened just fine so it couldn't be a false positive for some reason so I am at a loss. Yes, I tried using the Utility Tool to no avail, it just stays like that before telling me to screw myself.

Thanks again for taking your time to read all of this and I hope the information supplied suffices and I apologize if this is a repeated thread (looked for similar issues but didn't find any. Maybe I missed it!)

0 Likes
1 Reply

Possibly that Windows Driver Update installed a different AMD Driver that is not compatible with the current driver package.

First disable Windows Driver Update: elevenforum- enable-or-disable-include-drivers-with-windows-updates-in-windows-11.2232/ 

Then deletes the AMD installation folder at C:\AMD and download and run DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller). After it reboots download the latest AMD driver and install it from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-6000-series/amd-radeon-6600-series/amd-radeon-rx-...

See if that works or not.

NOTE: Make sure you are downloading the correct driver for your Operating System.

0 Likes