cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

cyberwaste
Adept I

Adrenaline resetting to defaults every reboot

Adrenaline 23.9.3 resets to default tuning values every boot/reboot stating there was an unexpected system failure when nothing happened. It does this even if the settings were already on default.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Everything is completely stable otherwise.

Using an Asus TUF 7900XTX OC.

1 Solution
rawintellect
Miniboss

I fixed it.

Get vivetool. This is a command line interface that will allow you to disable co-pilot (which is causing this issue) with the command:

./vivetool /disable /id:44774629,44776738,44850061,42105254,41655236

Note the period and the slash at the beginning. This is required if you're using PowerShell (administrator). You could also issue the command without the period and slash in CMD (admin)

Short story short? Go here:

https://github.com/thebookisclosed/ViVe/releases

unpack it to a folder (ie c:\vivetool)

Open that folder in an admin PowerShell session and issue that command. Reboot and all is well.

With vivetool windows will NEVER again tell me what I can or can't have on my computer.

View solution in original post

115 Replies

You should be able to turn co-pilot back on now. I have tested this with the latest version of windows and the latest driver from AMD. All has been well for quite some time now.

0 Likes

I built a new PC and the video card settings on it are still reset. but on the old PC the settings stopped being reset.

0 Likes

What version of windows and what version of the AMD display driver are you using on your new build? Please post the screenshots.

0 Likes

Снимок экрана (19).pngСнимок экрана (18).png

I switched to 23.11.1 again, but version 23.12.1 also resets the setting. The only thing that helps is disabling copilot using Vivetool

0 Likes

Can you check to see if KB5031455 is installed in your update history? KB5031455 is the actual patch from Microsoft that is the known solution to this issue.

right click on start > settings > windows update > update history

rawintellect_0-1702775982944.png

0 Likes

Снимок экрана (20).pngэтого обновления я не могу найти среди обновлений

0 Likes

That seems to be the problem. KB5031455 is not installed on your new machine. Can you run windows update to install it? Alternatively you can download it here.

0 Likes

it doesn't install Снимок экрана (22).png

0 Likes

And windows update does not install this? I find that truly odd. When you run windows update it SHOULD install this KB.

0 Likes

I dug around and found out that this update was replaced by others (KB5032288)(KB5033375)(KB5032190), and they are already installed on my PCСнимок экрана (26).png

0 Likes

That's interesting because all three are installed on my machine: In either case I'm all out of answers for you. Maybe open a ticket with Microsoft?

rawintellect_0-1702789631299.png

0 Likes

unfortunately this does not work for me. Adrenalin still resets to default after every reboot.

0 Likes

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 24.1.1 Release Notes Your tweak not works, my Profile ist always back to default after reboot or start, it nervs so mutch!!

0 Likes
cyberwaste
Adept I

Thanks for the info that it's a Windows update causing the issue. I'll accept as solution the method to deal with that but hope AMD is able to find a way to stop Windows updates from causing this in the future. Cheers all.

Rockywhu
Adept III

Just noticed the same thing. So it's windows again mucking up stuff fgs. I'm just saving a profile and then just going to have to import everytime on restart.

B650 AORUS PRO AX, RYZEN 9 7950X3D, SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX, CORSAIR VENGENCE RGB PRO 32GB RAM, CORSAIR RM750x 80 PLUS GOLD 750W

I have the same problem, but the KB5030310 was not even installed at the time of reading this post, so that is weird. I will try to disable copilot later, for now the card works fine and i can use my pre-made profiles, so for now i am happy all works. I report later if disabling copilot worked for me.

2023-10-01_17h04_57.png

Rockywhu
Adept III

I can confirm I uninstalled the update above and now no resets for GPU tuning.

Typical Windows lol

B650 AORUS PRO AX, RYZEN 9 7950X3D, SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX, CORSAIR VENGENCE RGB PRO 32GB RAM, CORSAIR RM750x 80 PLUS GOLD 750W
d3vaS
Journeyman III

Same here @

Asus Strix-E x670E

7950x

and 

Sapphire 7900 XTX Nitro +

Fresh instal Windows 11 23H2 and AMD Drivers 23.9.3

When I enable manual tune with all default and not touch on someting - after reboot or turns on system all the time i can see ERROR message that like "GPU Tuning has been restored due to an unexpected fault in the system."

TVH
Journeyman III

My Adrealine started to crash on every boot, after I installed Norton 360. After I uninstalled it, everything started to work normal again. I don't know... these are annoying bugs.

0 Likes

My Adrenalin didn't crash - it just restores performance tuning settings to defaults after reboot. And I use ESET antivirus.

0 Likes
x0c0lait
Adept II

Disable the new features of windows 11 is not a solution, it is a patch, the solution is for AMD to release new drivers fully compatible with these new features.

You're welcome for the "patch." Now submit a ticket with AMD since these are user forums and not monitored by AMD.

0 Likes

My post is not intended to belittle your solution, I appreciate it just like the rest of the users, if I have offended you I apologize.

I have already put the ticket to AMD.

Rockywhu
Adept III

I tried Vivetool but I could not even run it after download for some reason. So I just did the uninstall until it's fixed

0 Likes

lol! Here we go! The internet is undefeated.

0 Likes
ardankyaosen
Miniboss

Anyone suffering from this needs to submit a Feedback item to Microsoft from their Feedback Hub app.  I just checked and there's only one report of this there with only 1 upvote.  If you don't report it, it won't get fixed.

Obsidian76
Journeyman III

Feedback was submitted (again) via feedback hub and Radeon settings now that the update has moved from preview to regular update. 

Affected both my and systems, gonna have to try the Vivetool, currently, I have suspended updates!!!

doomcreeper
Adept III

I don’t have any copilots, but after a reboot the acceleration settings in adrenaline are reset

0 Likes
leofur77
Adept I

I was told to contact AMD EN support on Instagram.....

I found this, did what rawintellect said and IT WORKS!

Thanks a ton rawintellect

rawintellect
Miniboss

Update: Tested with 23.10.1 and it is still broken.

Rockywhu
Adept III

We shouldn't have to contact Microsoft, AMD should be telling them lol

0 Likes

I have a solution that is better than using vivetool from Github. As for me it came up with access denied...

Please follow the link below..

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/amd-adrenaline-drivers-resetting-when-restarting/m-p/6...

This is easier as well as reversable...

0 Likes
sirhacky
Adept I

Hello everyone, after deactivating Windows Copilot I still have the problem.
I'm a Windows Insider user, does anyone have another idea?
0 Likes

What did you do to deactivate it? Simply switching the toggle off won't work. You have to disable it entirely using vivetool.

0 Likes

Hello, exactly, I did it with the Vivetool - several times.

The problem already occurred for me with version 23.8.1

0 Likes

Try updating your drivers to 23.10.1. Immediately after using vivetool with 23.9.2 and 23.9.3 I had no issues whatsoever. This has solved it for many others. I'm not exactly sure why you are still having an issue.

cyberwaste
Adept I

Just an update that this still occurs with the latest (23.10.1) drivers (when not using the fix outlined in the thread).

Yep. I already mentioned this. They pulled 23.10.1 right now because it seems anti-lag was getting people banned from games.

InnerConflict
Adept II

i hope the radeon driver team gets wind of this, since vivetool is a nice workaround for what amd and microsoft should start to fix as soon as possible. this issue has been way too long.