cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

glenny3214
Journeyman III

Adrenaline overriding BIOS settings

I have a question. I'm scared to re-download Adrenaline on my Legion Go because it crippled my system by limiting my VRAM to like 2GB. Is there any way to disable the feature that overrides your BIOS settings? I feel like this greatly cripples my device being limited like that. Why would AMD have that as a feature because it no longer allows you to manually set your VRAM. I had to remove Adrenaline and reflash my BIOS. Only downside is i can't use RSR. Any help is appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Reply

If a Handheld gaming Console BIOS is similar to a PC Motherboard BIOS then Adrenaline shouldn't affect or change anything in BIOS itself. Adrenaline is a graphic driver.

BIOS, normally in a PC Motherboard, is the deciding factor on how much vRAM can be assigned to the APU Integrated Graphics. No Windows software can change that setting like Adrenaline. In the older laptops, 2GB used to be the maximum vRAM BIOS can assign to the Integrated Graphics on the processor but also depending on how much System Memory RAM you have installed.

But you are talking about a Handheld gaming console so I don't know if the console's BIOS is similar to a PC Motherboard's BIOS.

Normally, if your vRAM is assigned the least amount, around 512MB, you can still run all your apps and games because Windows will automatically allocate, temporarily, as much System Memory your Integrated Graphics needs to run those games. Once you close the app or game Windows will return the allocated IGPU vRAM back to System RAM.

I would open a Lenovo Support ticket or Chat session and ask them directly to see what they say.

0 Likes