Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Georgic
Adept I

Adrenalin software does not open

Hi,

I have a new build with 7900 XTX and 7950X3D. Firstly I installed new driver (version 23.9.3) and everything worked properly. After a week adrenalin software stopped opening and cannot be opened anyhow and I don't even get any info or message about failing to open. Just nothing happens and the Adrenalin icon dissappears from system tray. The GPU in games works fine, I have no problems with that.

I tried unistalling current drivers with DDU in safemode and afterwars installing new drivers (23.10.2). All done without internet connection so windows update doesn't interfere.

Is there a fix for this? Is it atleast aknowledged by AMD and can we expect a repair in new drivers? I saw others have the same problems but with no solution.

Thank you for your replies

1 Solution

There is a solution in this thread by brikulex. Thanks to him Adrenalin is working again.

Solution copied here:

"I don't think that AMD is actually working on fixing this.

However I believe I have found something (at least something that works for me).

As always, I am not responsible for what you do, and if following my guide makes your computer explode, it's not my fault.

I am asking some of you who are affected by this bug and ever had Epic Games Launcher installed to try this:

1. Exit Epic Games Launcher if you have it open (right click it in the notification tray and click Exit)
  2. Open the folder %localappdata%\EpicGamesLauncher\Saved
  3. Rename the Logs folder to something like LogsBackup
  4. Try to open Radeon Software and hope it works

Please respond if it fixed your issue or not, or if you don't even have the EpicGamesLauncher folder.

If I find out it doesn't actually work and it was just a coincidence, I will edit this post to correct it.

Good Luck!"

View solution in original post

12 Replies
TrueStory
Journeyman III

Hello I have the exact same issue , it has been happening since the September update. I rolled back tot he August update and it went away, but I installed the October update today and back to not being able to open Adrenalin, and system tray just disappears,  Looking forward to a response, thank you.

LinVivi
Adept I

Glad to know I'm not the only one, sad to know we're all dealing with this and there doesn't seem to be any official response yet.

There is a solution in this thread by brikulex. Thanks to him Adrenalin is working again.

Solution copied here:

"I don't think that AMD is actually working on fixing this.

However I believe I have found something (at least something that works for me).

As always, I am not responsible for what you do, and if following my guide makes your computer explode, it's not my fault.

I am asking some of you who are affected by this bug and ever had Epic Games Launcher installed to try this:

1. Exit Epic Games Launcher if you have it open (right click it in the notification tray and click Exit)
  2. Open the folder %localappdata%\EpicGamesLauncher\Saved
  3. Rename the Logs folder to something like LogsBackup
  4. Try to open Radeon Software and hope it works

Please respond if it fixed your issue or not, or if you don't even have the EpicGamesLauncher folder.

If I find out it doesn't actually work and it was just a coincidence, I will edit this post to correct it.

Good Luck!"

Thanks for the reply, however I have never had epic games on this pc, but Im curious if something similar could be the cause from a different game?

0 Likes

I read in the previosly mentioned thread, that the folder was created even when epic was not installed and this solution solved the issue for that person as well... But I guess that you cheched that the folder in your system is missing...

0 Likes

i don't know this is possible (xD) but it really fixed the problem.. thank you!

Thank you very much, it worked for me. What the hell is going on.....

Unfortunately this solution didn't work for me. I started with renaming the logs file, then just deleting the logs file, then just removing Epic Games from my PC entirely.  Still wont launch Adrenalin.

My issues began after a (yet another) driver crash while playing some video games. Baldur's Gate 3 in this case. So I tried to apply this same logic by going into the Steams folder and renaming/deleting the Logs files in there -- also did not work.

Strangely, when another user signs in on this computer they are able to open and access Adrenalin just fine. But mine wont open no matter how many factory reset installations I do or random folders and files I rename/delete.

Second time this has happened to me in the past year as well. I don't even remember how I fixed it the first time, bleh.

0 Likes

It worked??

Idk what is happening, but thx. I have had this problem for almost a year?

I thought this was a joke, but then i saw Oblivion2001_'s comment.  
Made this account just to say this..

i tried everything and nothing worked but this did... **bleep** is this bug

0 Likes
msuomi
Adept II

This happened to me yesterday...

Cannot believe, but that Fortnite trick really worked...

**bleep**?