cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Adrenalin 24.8.1 Randomly Opens

The latest Adrenalin software seems to cause the software to open randomly.  Seems to happen most after the PC comes out of sleep.  Not sure if anyone else is having the issue.

Ryzen 9 3900x l 32 Gig Corsair Vengeance l Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master l Radeon RX 6950 XT
107 Replies
SonnyCrocktt
Journeyman III

Same problem here GPU MSI RX6700XT, Windows 11 Pro 24H2, Adrenalin 24.8.1

0 Likes
itsmecassini
Journeyman III

Same on my end. Every time I wake my PC up from sleep I am greeted by the AMD Adrenalin software ever since updating to 24.8.1. My PC specs (which I doubt are relevant as this seems to happen to people with very different specs) are Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, Ryzen 7 7700, RX 7900 XT and 32GB RAM. Windows 11 23H2 with latest patch.

0 Likes
forkwny
Adept III

Same issue on 24.8.1...3 separate systems w/differing AMD GPUs, including 2 with iGPUs. Also, the small "AMD Overlay" window that used to pop up when games invoked the driver no longer works. 

-------------------------------------------------------
Ryzen 9 5900X CPU, RX 6700 XT GPU, Windows 11 Pro x64 build 24H2
0 Likes
BowyBoi
Journeyman III

me too. just thought i would add numbers to the cases

0 Likes
GasikG
Adept II

Open not only after waiting mode. Just use browser and he opened background))

0 Likes
Cybrow
Journeyman III

Same here.

0 Likes
Tetsujin
Journeyman III

Exact same issue right here...

0 Likes
Latte
Adept I

Same issue here, and it's new to 24.8.1.  Adrenalin opens itself randomly.

Windows 11 23H2

R9 3950x | RX 7900 XTX

paulsinnett
Adept I

Yes. Same issue.

0 Likes
nixsar
Adept II

Can confirm but I don't think it's random. For me, it's after every power off, power on cycle of the display.

FabioRJ
Adept I

Same problem here with a RX7700XT.

I thought it happens when resuming from a sleep, but today I locked my PC and, when I unlocked, Adrenalin was there. So I think it pops up when an user logs in.

0 Likes
haunted_shell
Journeyman III

I'm in the same boat as everyone else - Adrenalin software seems to open up on it's own. I'm on the latest update like the rest: 24.8.1.
I'm hoping for a fix soon because it's a minor irritation I could do without.

0 Likes
Justmash
Journeyman III

I too am experiencing this exact issue.

5800x3d, Rx 6950 XT+

0 Likes
Dragonetti031
Journeyman III

Yes i got the same pop-up issue,

I looked on the internet and some people on the internet refer to the fact that they had this issue after Windows 11 installed update 23H2 or 24H2. But I saw so many 23H2 and 24H2 installments coming by on my older Windows 11 even in 2024 I think windows update system is crappy and unfollowable for regular normal users. 

I decided to reinstalled Windows 11 clean from a USB drive using the latest Windows 11 ISO file from Microsoft. Then installed first the latest chipset driver v6.07.22.037 and then  GPU drivers [whql-amd-software-adrenalin-edition-24.8.1-win10-win11-aug-rdna] after a restart Windows 11 installation first the 23H2 and then 24H2  update. Since then AMD Adrenalin 24.8.1 randomly opens mostly when starting up, or logging in again after I locked my computer.

Ryzen 9 3900X l 32 Gb Corsair Vengeance l Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Impact l Radeon RX 7900 XTX
0 Likes

Ok that's insane. Just wait for the Adrenaline update. Why are you bothering uninstalling Windows it's not that big a problem lmao.

0 Likes

I had some other issues and to solve those, a re-installation of Windows was the best and quickest solution.

Ryzen 9 3900X l 32 Gb Corsair Vengeance l Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Impact l Radeon RX 7900 XTX
0 Likes
LorenzoBiassio
Journeyman III

Same here on 24.8.1

Ryzen 7 7840u with Radeon 780M

0 Likes
vanon
Adept II

Same here. Just installed 24.8.1. AMD Software opens by itself. Occurs after every display sleep or power off (or lock, logout/login).

Not the biggest problem, but what worries me is that this incredibly obvious bug was not caught. What else was not caught? I don't think I really want to know. Please properly test your software, AMD.

0 Likes
benderson
Adept I

Yup, 24.8.1 and RX 6600, same here. Display goes to sleep and after waking it up - AMD settings is open on top.

0 Likes
humanaut
Adept I

+1

0 Likes
Volkers
Journeyman III

Same here, same issue and definitely need a fix…

0 Likes
rod6700
Adept I

Same problem here, only happens after the display suspends or the system enters sleep mode. Also getting a notification in the software to open the software using the Alt+R shortcut even after clearing it. Filed a bug report using the tool in Adrenaline. People are reporting this issue in the AMD sub on Reddit as well. This issue is reported in the release notes for 24.8.1 though. AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 24.8.1 Release Notes

Resolution targeted for release 24.9.2

Aorus X570 Pro Wi-Fi/Ryzen 5900X/Red Devil 6700XT/ 64 GB GSkill 3600

Resolution targeted for release 24.9.2???  But it is already 9/3/24!!

0 Likes

24.9.2 is the version number for the Adrenaline software not the date. Read the release notes. 

Aorus X570 Pro Wi-Fi/Ryzen 5900X/Red Devil 6700XT/ 64 GB GSkill 3600
0 Likes

Also, implies that there will be two september driver releases, unless ".2" is an internal version number

0 Likes
lie495fc
Journeyman III

Adrenalin 24.8.1 opens and fan curve resets after pc awake from sleep.

0 Likes
MetalAlchemist
Journeyman III

Same here, opens up after resume from sleep or when monitor goes to sleep. Actually had AMD Adrenaline close itself out just now. Had to relaunch it. 

0 Likes
Miles_rr
Journeyman III

Same here with Ryzen 7 6800HS! 

0 Likes
tri
Journeyman III

Same issue here on Wins 11, Lenovo Legion Slim 7

0 Likes
kaboel
Journeyman III

I'm getting this too, it just opens on its own after monitor sleep. Pretty annoying tbh.

0 Likes
kancasu5
Journeyman III

Literally just got my first ever AMD gpu and was worried this was a feature of the software. Glad I'm not going crazy. Hopefully there'll be a fix for this soon. It's easy to click on the X in the corner but it's annoying when it happens so frequently.

0 Likes
Craptacular
Journeyman III

It is in the known issue section of the driver release:

• AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition may unexpectedly initiate upon system wake from sleep mode. [Resolution targeted for 24.9.2]

It wasn't when the thread was made.

Also, 24.9.2 not 24.9.1? So it's not even going to get fixed in the next version, but in the version after that? lol!

jvn01
Journeyman III

I got the same issue on 24.8.1. Huh!

0 Likes
Lillo85k
Journeyman III

I have the same issue after updating to version 24.8.1. Adrenalin software panel opens automatically after standby or reactivation of the screen

0 Likes
HalfGrape
Adept II

Got the exact same problem.

Happens after monitor turns back on / after pc wakes up from sleep

0 Likes
afterknife
Journeyman III

This keeps happening to me too, specifically if I lock my computer and come back and unlock it.

0 Likes
LucaVoid
Journeyman III

Same thing is happening to me, I thought it was a miss configuration on my part, but after uninstalling and re-installing the Adrenaline Software the behavior continues... Even after a factory reset (of the Software).

0 Likes
zotrax
Journeyman III

Same here, screen saver triggers it. it's very annoying...

0 Likes
Monkeybike
Journeyman III

Same here, opens when resuming monitor from sleep with latest update. Will revert back to previous...

Asus Zephyrus G14 2022 (all AMD)

0 Likes